Skip to Content

Deduction theme 2005

5 replies [Last post]
Anonymous

Hi game designers,

I'm new member and I want just to ask you about the results of the contest 2005 organised by about.com.
Is it really serious contest or not?
Since february 28, no news about except that the results will be published soon after july 4.

Need help.

Thanx lot

IngredientX
IngredientX's picture
Deduction theme 2005

I know Erik posted on the Yahoo Game Design forum that he was having trouble finding judges, but they were still slogging through the entries.

I'm pretty curious to find out the results myself. Of course, a couple of weeks ago, I made a small tweak to the rules that makes the game much better...

Kreitler
Re: Deduction theme 2005

gamind wrote:
Hi game designers,

I'm new member and I want just to ask you about the results of the contest 2005 organised by about.com.
Since february 28, no news about except that the results will be published soon after july 4.

Need help.

Thanx lot

I raised this question on About.com's forums tonight. Within hours, Erik sent this reply:

About.com wrote:
Thanks for the note. The contest is alive and well, just painfully (for me, too) slow. Several of the judges -- each for different, but legitimate, reasons -- have asked for more time to finish evaluating the games. I'm now hopeful (but I've been hopeful before!) that early August will be the announcement of the winner.

Believe me, I know this must be starting to feel like the competition that will never end, but it WILL end. With someone winning it. Really.

Thanks (to you and all the other entrants) for your patience!

K.

Anonymous
Deduction theme 2005

You have to deduce the winner yourself. The clues are out there. ;-)

Yeah, I'm kidding. You have to wait, too.

Anonymous
Re: Deduction theme 2005

Kreitler wrote:
gamind wrote:
Hi game designers,

Need help.

Thanx lot

I raised this question on About.com's forums tonight. Within hours, Erik sent this reply:

About.com wrote:
Thanks for the note. The contest is alive and well, just painfully (for me, too) slow. Several of the judges -- each for different, but legitimate, reasons -- have asked for more time to finish evaluating the games. I'm now hopeful (but I've been hopeful before!) that early August will be the announcement of the winner.

Believe me, I know this must be starting to feel like the competition that will never end, but it WILL end. With someone winning it. Really.

Thanks (to you and all the other entrants) for your patience!

K.

I still really don't understand why Erik do not inform us every week or two weeks of what's going on.
Early august is not an answer.
August 2007??? :)))

I will never apply twice to this contest.
Not serious at all!!!

FastLearner
Deduction theme 2005

Obviously you should feel free to participate or not in whatever you'd like.

I do want to say, though, that:

1. The About.com/Abstract Games Magazine contests have been fun and successful so far, and though the results have sometimes been slightly delayed, I don't see why that's such a big deal.

2. This is an all-volunteer effort. That means that sometimes things just go wrong. If you're a judge and you, let's say, have a sick child or have trouble at work or whatever, the judging realistically takes a bit of a back seat.

I suggest that you not enter any contests that are all-volunteer, if this is such a big problem for you.

-- Matthew

Syndicate content

forum | by Dr. Radut