Skip to Content

23 members away...

14 replies [Last post]
IngredientX
IngredientX's picture

...from 1000!

Should the magic thousandth member get a special gift? 8)

Anonymous
23 members away...

absolutely! A free account!

heh, I think I was way back at the beginning - just a lurker . . .though I was registered . . .does that allow me to be a lurker?

- Silverdragon0

hpox
23 members away...

Silverdragon0 wrote:
absolutely! A free account!

heh, I think I was way back at the beginning - just a lurker . . .though I was registered . . .does that allow me to be a lurker?

Actually, you are the 27th members with most posts so you're quite a veteran 8)

FastLearner
23 members away...

Number 1 with a bullet here, baby!

And perhaps I should be ashamed. :)

-- Matthew

Oracle
23 members away...

hpox wrote:
Actually, you are the 27th members with most posts so
you're quite a veteran 8)

Is there an easy way to check where we rank? Over 2% of the posts are mine, so I'm probably in the top 10.

Jason

hpox
23 members away...

You're 12th. can't win at everything :D

http://www.bgdf.com/modules.php?name=Members_List

Use the combo boxes:
"Select sort method" = Total Posts
"Order" = Descending

Scurra
Scurra's picture
23 members away...

I'm not really in the top 10 twice though :) (Otherwise I'd be within touching distance of Matthew.)

Of course, lots of one-line posts like this helps to push your score up without necessarily meaning anything...

zaiga
23 members away...

Scurra wrote:
Of course, lots of one-line posts like this helps to push your score up without necessarily meaning anything...

Agreed...

-René Wiersma

hpox
23 members away...

zaiga wrote:
Scurra wrote:

Agreed...

Of course, content before post counts. I am and was always pro "hidding post counts" in forums because in some situations it encourage elitism. Example: "Why should I trust what you are saying, you're just a newbie with two posts lol." or during an argument "Shut up newbie, post counts: 3 lol" :roll:

Fortunately, this has never happened here so it's currently not a problem. The day we get a big "Postcount++ HURR HURR" thread I'll be personally cutting that snippet of code that show posts.

Also, I want to stress that posting one-liners or quick messages is not shunned upon. Nobody should be afraid of posting because they aren't thorough enough. As long as it's on-topic. Every little bit helps.

I do think chatter in Off-Topic is alright.

Anonymous
23 members away...

Well, it's nice to know that one can start a post with an incomplete thought and end it abruptly, but what about starting to talk and then rambling incoherently whilst not having a clear plan in mind for the rest of the post in mind and still considering what one, say, ate for lunch for the last ten days on the barren desert of the planet that one's kind conquered and opened up a laundromat on. . .

case in point . . . it can be done . . .

setarcos
23 members away...

I was somewhat surprised that I had all of 16 posts. (Well, now 17 I guess.) I didn’t think I had even that many.

I was very surprised that those 16 posts put me all the way up at number 56 out of 999 (as of Feb. 19, 2004). Does everyone just lurk (the way I usually do) or something?

And I was astonished to see that, according to the members list anyway, I was the 5th person to sign up! (Sep. 17, 2002) I’d gotten the impression when I joined that BGDF was already a thriving community. (Did I really stumble across this site on the second day of operation, or did we lose track of some folks when we changed our web hosts way back when? Either way, now I feel like I should be contributing more.)

Someone who has a better memory than mine should post a brief history of BGDF, maybe when we get our thousandth member. It would make for a fascinating review, I’m sure.

But I just have to hand it to everyone, especially the guys who do all the hosting and the other heavy work around here. (Seriously guys, thanks for starting this forum and keeping it going.) Cruising through the members list and seeing that we truly are a global community was awe inspiring. It’s so encouraging to see how far Board Game Designers Forum has come in only 17 months.

When the big breakthrough comes, and These Games Of Ours become mainstream, I’m sure it will be some of the folks at BGDF who will make it happen.

My hats off to you, guys!

Leland

phpbbadmin
Yep!

Setarcos wrote:

And I was astonished to see that, according to the members list anyway, I was the 5th person to sign up! (Sep. 17, 2002) I’d gotten the impression when I joined that BGDF was already a thriving community. (Did I really stumble across this site on the second day of operation, or did we lose track of some folks when we changed our web hosts way back when? Either way, now I feel like I should be contributing more.)

Someone who has a better memory than mine should post a brief history of BGDF, maybe when we get our thousandth member. It would make for a fascinating review, I’m sure.

But I just have to hand it to everyone, especially the guys who do all the hosting and the other heavy work around here. (Seriously guys, thanks for starting this forum and keeping it going.) Cruising through the members list and seeing that we truly are a global community was awe inspiring. It’s so encouraging to see how far Board Game Designers Forum has come in only 17 months.

When the big breakthrough comes, and These Games Of Ours become mainstream, I’m sure it will be some of the folks at BGDF who will make it happen.

My hats off to you, guys!

Leland

Leland,

Thanks for the kind words. Actually yes you were the 5th person to sign up! However, I think you also signed up on the old Community Zero site before it went down. As for a history, read the news article about our One Year Anniversary, I think it will answer most of your questions.

Welcome back!
-Darke

IngredientX
IngredientX's picture
23 members away...

moofrank is our 999th member.

Next new member is the one!

nosissies
door prizes?

Do we have any lovely door prizes for the 1000th member?

I could donate 2 decks of bible verse playing cards which are really obnoxious to play with aside from taking scripture completely out of context (thanks to the mother-in-law for that one) :-)

peace,
Tom

Anonymous
23 members away...

whoa, we did it. The 1000th member is dboyle!!!

Congrats dboyle and the rest of the BGDF community

we are now up to 1002

EDIT: Also, I stick by my original suggestion for doorprize *look up*. I think I'd appreciate that more than biblical verses. Divine word inspires me much less than the posts in this forum.

No offense intended, pardon all blashpemy

- Silverdragon0

Syndicate content

forum | by Dr. Radut