Skip to Content

Caution!

8 replies [Last post]
Anonymous

I've just received two e-mails purportedly from the BGDF Staff, asking to click on the link to retry my password. Ridiculous! Especially considering the links end in .exe. Virus alert, and it loks like the site's been hacked into by some immature little person.

FastLearner
Offline
Joined: 12/31/1969
Caution!

Yes, it's a hack in progress. I'm trying to fix it. :(

-- Matthew

Anonymous
Caution!

it wasn't me though :)

sedjtroll
sedjtroll's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/21/2008
Caution!

DrMayhem wrote:
it wasn't me though :)

Despite what you think Mike, you're not the ONLY immature person out there ;)

IngredientX
IngredientX's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/26/2008
Caution!

You know, it's a good thing hackers can't spell.

Anonymous
Caution!

I discussed this at another forum and they think it is a variant of the Bagle virus. I would update and run all of your scanners if I were you.

phpbbadmin
Offline
Joined: 04/23/2013
No

waywardclam wrote:
I discussed this at another forum and they think it is a variant of the Bagle virus. I would update and run all of your scanners if I were you.

This site was actually hacked.. A malicious person sent out all those e-mails using the newsletter function of the admin menu. Now the virus might have been the beagle virus, but I doubt it. More likely it was some sort of trojan program.

-Michael D.

Oracle
Offline
Joined: 06/22/2010
Re: No

Darkehorse wrote:
This site was actually hacked.. A malicious person sent out all those e-mails using the newsletter function of the admin menu. Now the virus might have been the beagle virus, but I doubt it. More likely it was some sort of trojan program.

Do you know if they got the members list? This is the only place I've ever used the email address that I used to sign up with bgdf, and I just got my first spam on that address today.

Jason

phpbbadmin
Offline
Joined: 04/23/2013
Re: No

Oracle wrote:
Darkehorse wrote:
This site was actually hacked.. A malicious person sent out all those e-mails using the newsletter function of the admin menu. Now the virus might have been the beagle virus, but I doubt it. More likely it was some sort of trojan program.

Do you know if they got the members list? This is the only place I've ever used the email address that I used to sign up with bgdf, and I just got my first spam on that address today.

Jason

I don't think he got the member list, but he did have access to it, if that makes any sense. Hopefully your spam was a coincidence.

-Michael

Syndicate content


forum | by Dr. Radut