Skip to Content

Comments and Questions on the July 2005 Challenge

35 replies [Last post]
Sebastian

Scurra wrote:

Sebastian wrote:

Could we please have confirmation of the colour of the dragon. Is it coloured to match the other described in that section, or is it differently coloured?

The Dragon is from Carcassonne and yes, it's a different colour to the St Petersberg markers. Although my set of St Petersberg markers are different colours now (three of them are Green, Blue and Orange to match the applicable cards), so that isn't necessarily an issue ;-))

Given that you've described these pieces as having 5 different colours, can we assume that these colours match those of the cubes?

Scurra
Scurra's picture

Sebastian wrote:
Given that you've described these pieces as having 5 different colours, can we assume that these colours match those of the cubes?

If you wish and would find it useful (it probably makes their use in the game slightly easier but perhaps less interesting. :-)

Anonymous
Some Questions

Ahoy!

Long-time lurker, first-time poster. Anyway, I figured the July challenge was as good a time as any to start posting, so I figured I would.

So, I have a couple of interesting questions.

1 - If the cubes are, indeed, El Grande cubes, are they just the little ones? I seem to remember El Grande as having big cubes, too.

2 - Are the shield tokens or yellow number tokens double-sided? That is, can they be turned upside-down and their values hidden?

3 - Is any kind of auction kosher? Silent auction? Secret auction? Or does it have to be just a regular "everyone bids for one item out loud until they buy it" style auction?

Ooh, first post, this is very exciting.

doho123
doho123's picture

and hopefully people won't be penalized for calling a color YELLOW when the real set includes BROWN (or some other agonizingly small detail that was missed since it wasn't included in the original challenge post!

Scurra
Scurra's picture

I have to confess that I almost wish I hadn't started this :-) Then again, I'd have missed seeing some wonderful games, so maybe it isn't all bad.

I don't think people should get picky about the components. They should assume that they do whatever is needed for the purposes of the game. IOW colours of cubes, doublesidedness of tokens etc, should not be considered an issue.

Likewise, I didn't specifiy anything about what sort of auction it should be - find one that suits your game and use that. (I would note, however, that the component set was partly chosen with the auction restriction in mind.)

Syndicate content

forum | by Dr. Radut