Skip to Content

Protospiel 2010

22 replies [Last post]
Dralius
Dralius's picture

Registration is now open at http://www.protospiel.org/ for this year’s Protospiel Game Design Conference.

This is our 10th year so we would like to make a call to all alumni to attend. We will be having Alex Yeager running a special game design exercise and Ben Clark of ImagiGrafx will speak on short run game production for those interested in self publishing.

For those of you that aren’t familiar with Protospiel feel free to contact me here or at dwhitcher(at)protospiel(dot)org

Dralius
Dralius's picture
woops

I spoke too soon. We are having some technical problems. I'll let everyone know when we have Paypal working again.

Dralius
Dralius's picture
Kinda working

Some people have been able to register while some get error messages when trying to use the PayPal link.

I'm still working on it, not sure if it's the browsers that they are using or something else. For now you can always write in if you have problems trying to register.

schmanthony
Who's Going?

Now that it's getting close, I'm surprised to find basically zero talk on BGDF about Protospiel 2010!

How do the registrations look so far? I personally plan on attending the entire time. I'll be bringing one game, The Manhattan Project. It will be my first time going to any sort of game convention at all!

Who else is going?

-Schmanthony

InvisibleJon
InvisibleJon's picture
I'll be there!

schmanthony wrote:
Who else is going?
SJG is sending me there. Since I'll be there on their dime, I'm very unlikely to bring any of my personal designs, but I'm looking forward to seeing everyone else's stuff!

slam
slam's picture
I'm going.

I'm going.

schmanthony
(bump)

I'm starting to hear crickets in here! Dralius, what do you think the turnout will be like?

richdurham
richdurham's picture
Now that I know...

I admit I was ignorant of Protospiel's very existence until I was unable to attend. Guaranteed I'll be there next year!

schmanthony
Protospiel 2010 on Facebook

I just discovered the event is listed on Facebook. It currently has 20 confirmed attendees.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=380372121072&ref=mf

Al
I'm going too.

I just found out about it last week...but it just happens to coincide with when I booked some time off anyway, so I'm going to swing by. I may not be well prepared, but I won't be empty handed.

rpghost
rpghost's picture
Minion Games will be there

Minion Games will be there and the event is about playtesting games and sharing ideas, so whatever you bring will be great.

James

Dralius
Dralius's picture
Crickets! :)

Our pre-registration if you include our industry guests has already exceeded last year’s total attendance.

It will be a memorable year.

InvisibleJon
InvisibleJon's picture
Yay!

Glad to hear your pre-registration is larger than your previous year's attendance. That's exciting!

If possible, I'd like to get a group of us BGDFers together for a dinner (or other little, "Hey, it's nice to meet you in person," gathering) one evening. I don't know what my SJG commitments will be yet, so I'm likely to post a get together note in a public spot at the start of the con and organise something on-the-fly.

Hopefully, I'll get to meet lots of you!

Dralius
Dralius's picture
Last year the people arriving

Last year the people arriving the night before went out for dinner then came back to the hotel for some gaming. I have been too busy to organize that this year.

I know some of our early comers are planning on meeting at the hotel Thursday night to get an early start. If I have time I’ll be stopping by to see what’s up. Maybe the group will want to go out again.

InvisibleJon
InvisibleJon's picture
Yay, dinner!

Dralius wrote:
Last year the people arriving the night before went out for dinner then came back to the hotel for some gaming. I have been too busy to organize that this year.

I know some of our early comers are planning on meeting at the hotel Thursday night to get an early start. If I have time I’ll be stopping by to see what’s up. Maybe the group will want to go out again.

I know we're (Randy, Will, and me) arriving on Thursday. Assuming I'm not bound to do something else, I'm all for gathering for dinner on Thursday night. I think that sounds fantastic.

Yay, dinner!

truekid games
truekid games's picture
should i not use the online

should i not use the online registration, since it's past june 6th?

Dralius
Dralius's picture
in person

truekid games wrote:
should i not use the online registration, since it's past june 6th?

You can register at the hall on the 9th.

rpghost
rpghost's picture
Eric and myself will be

Eric and myself will be arriving around 6pm or so Thursday and would be up for something like dinner and gaming. I'll check with the bell hop when I get there - someone leave a message at the desk!

James
http://www.MinionGames.com

Jeremiah_Lee
Jeremiah_Lee's picture
I'm Local

I'll be there, on and off, for the weekend. I live about 2 miles west of the hotel, so it's easy for me to come and go as my duties allow.

I might be able to play something tonight (Thursday), pending my wife's availability to be with the kids tonight. If you're interested in meeting up, send me a PM.

I'll be bringing :
- Best Friends Forever (party)
- We Might Not Make It (semi-co-op)
- Wizard Lord (trading game)

Dralius
Dralius's picture
I'll be dropping by the hotel

I'll be dropping by the hotel after work, 6ish, to see who has shown up. The AAGG is meeting at Pizza House tonight so i may be going there for dinner.

Jeremiah_Lee
Jeremiah_Lee's picture
That Was Fun!

Thanks to everyone that played my games and gave me fantastic ideas. I really had a good time at Protospiel, and I'm looking forwards to going again next year.

I hope to see some of you at GenCon.

Best,
Jeremiah

InvisibleJon
InvisibleJon's picture
Had a great time. Thanks, Dralius!

Phil, Randy, Will, and I had an excellent time at Protospiel. It was a true pleasure to meet y'all and to sit and play games with you.

Big thanks to Dralius for organizing and hosting, and to everyone who took the time to share and play games with me!

rooni777
Hey Dralius that's a great

Hey Dralius that's a great news for me,I am very interested in self publishing which is the publication of any book or other media by the author of the work, without the involvement of an established third-party publisher. It is generally entirely done at the expense of the author.
I am too late now for the Protospiel 2010,but anyways hope for the Protospiel 2011 still there.

jay group

Syndicate content

forum | by Dr. Radut