Skip to Content

Crafter Con 2023 - Call for Presentations

3 replies [Last post]
The Game Crafter
The Game Crafter's picture
The Game Crafter - Events - Crafter Con 2023

We are looking for speakers to present at Crafter Con 2023! Fill out the form at TGC Application Form if you would like to be a presenter at CrafterCon 2023 on Thursday, November 30th. If your presentation is accepted, you will be granted a free badge to CrafterCon 2023 and Protospiel Madison 2023. Presentations are 50 minutes long, including time for discussion with the audience.

Check out the recorded sessions from past years of Crafter Con at YouTube Video Sessions.

questccg
questccg's picture
This is only an idea... But it could be relevant...

I was thinking that although you are looking for speakers to present AT Crafter Con 2023 ... You might want to consider "Remote" Speakers. Let me explain before you draw too many conclusions.

So you're looking for speakers who will talk about topics of MERIT with regards to the Board Game Industry. My suggestion (which is only an IDEA BTW) is that the Hall you have for the Conference could have a projector and something like a Skype Call, Zoom or a Webinar (Webex for example)... And therefore TAP into the MOST interesting of presenters without requiring anyone to PHYSICALLY go to the conference (I mean some of the speakers, not the patrons).

I'm not saying you do this for ALL speakers... But a SUBSET which will allow you to have the most interesting topics AND speakers at the conference.

I'm sure there are some technical issues as I have watched videos of Alisha making presentation about "The Game Crafter" (TGC) and I'm just saying why not EMBRACE Technology and the Future of it... And have "REMOTE Speakers"???

Again this is only an IDEA... I'm presenting it because IT could MAYBE enrichen the content of your topics and give you access to resources and speakers that you cannot have in the more "Traditional" sense.

No worries if this does NOT work for the Crafter Con 2023... I just figured I'd mention this ... Because you could have a Conference filled with a variety of speakers from all around the World!!!

What more than this from a PREMIERE EVENT! Again no worries if you are not interested in this IDEA. Like I said, I'm pitching it because it could be very relevant.

Cheers!

questccg
questccg's picture
Technically speaking (pun intended)!

All you need is a laptop that can connect to the Internet and have an ON-SITE Moderator which allows the local laptop to connect to the local projector and connect the audio to the speakers in the Hall or Conference Room.

Like I said, it's just an IDEA. You guys will need to VET the idea and see HOW it could be implemented in the Crafter Con's setting.

And if this is not of interest, please feel free to ignore the IDEA. I just thought that since you are looking for speakers, it would be easier to TRY to get people from ALL around to CONNECT and share their seminar or presentation with people at the Conference.

Sincerely.

The Game Crafter
The Game Crafter's picture
The venue is very restrictive

The venue is very restrictive on IT/AV stuff that it allows without paid technicians and other equipment. So we'll have to do on-site speakers to avoid extra fees and personnel. (Otherwise, your idea could work and is easy to implement.)

Syndicate content

forum | by Dr. Radut