AND THE WINNER IS...
Votes have been tabulated for the May GDS. Here they are:
- 1st place, with 8 votes: Entry #5: Royal Wedding by Ron Krause!
- 2nd place, with 7 votes: Entry #1: Hubert's Royal Wedding by Richard Durham!
3rd place, with 5 votes: 3 way tie!
- Entry #2: Royal Divorce by Richard James and Brad Phillips
- Entry #4: Royal Ushers by Ciprian Alexandra
- Entry #6: Please Be Seated by loonoly
- Last place, with 4 votes: Blood Lines by bhazzard
Congrats to the winner and runner up for a very close finish! The Critiques Thread is now open - please critique the entries!
Sorry for the delay since the last Game Design Showdown. You may be happy to hear that I've finally gotten my act together and have set up to start the Game Design Showdown on a more regular schedule! I will post a new Showdown challenge on the 1st of each month (or the Friday before that if the 1st is on a weekend). 1 week later, entries will be due and voting will begin, and 1 week after that voting will end, a winner will be announced, and critiques can commence. The following Showdown challenge will appear on the 1st of the next month!
May 2011 Game Design Showdown - "Royal Wedding"
Please Read: Details on entering the Game Design Showdown.
This month we will return to the regular voting format, described at the bottom of this post.
Main Design Requirements:
Theme Restriction: Royal Wedding
The wedding of Prince William & Catherine Middleton has been in the news a lot lately - it's been almost inescapable. In their honor, this month's Game Design Showdown challenge is to create a game that fits the theme "Royal Wedding" - whatever that means to you. It does not have to be specifically about William and Kate (ahem - "Catherine"), but it could be if you so choose!
Mechanics Restriction: None!
Component Restriction: None!
Additional Restriction: TEXT ONLY
This month there is no Mechanical or Component restriction, but you may find a soft limit in that you must use TEXT ONLY to convey the game - no images allowed!
- Submissions: Sunday, 1-May-2011 through Sunday, 8-May-2011.
- Voting: Through Sunday, 15-May-2011. PM your votes to sedjtroll.
- Voting Format: Each person has 6 votes to distribute any way they choose among the GDS entries with the following restrictions:
- You may not assign any votes to your own entry!
- You may not assign more than 3 votes to any single entry.
- You need not assign all 6 votes.
Comments or Questions: Comments and questions about this Challenge were handled on the Comments Thread.
- CRITIQUES: After voting has closed the entries will be posted for comments and critiques. Post constructive critiques and commentary about the entries to this Challenge in the Critiques Thread
- GDS Details: For more details on how these Game Design Showdown Challenges work, especially the details around the word count and graphics limits, visit the GDS Wiki Page.
Enjoy, and good luck!