Skip to Content

Hippodice 2011?

12 replies [Last post]
dobnarr
dobnarr's picture

Anybody heard back from Hippodice on the status of this fall's entries? I submitted two, and the site says they'll announce the next round today, but I haven't heard anything.

stubert
Hippodice reply

Last year, I got my email on the 19th.

I wouldn't be that worried.

I would check your email tomorrow (there could be a drastic time difference).

What time zone are you in?

Markus Hagenauer
no news

I didn´t get any information yet too. I´d say just keep patient.
Maybe they will find time to send the information at the weekend.

dobnarr
dobnarr's picture
Results

Just to follow up - I did get responses yesterday and today. One game made the cut, the other didn't, so I've still got a dog in the hunt, or a horse in the race, or a tentacle in the pie, or whatever the analogy is.

Markus Hagenauer
Congratulations! I got bad

Congratulations!
I got bad news on Saturday and good news on Sunday too, which is to say, I also habe one dog/horse/tentacle/geme... left.

dobnarr
dobnarr's picture
Back at ya

Congratulations to you, too - this is my first time, so I don't know exactly what to expect. I do know I have to figure out how to get my game over there and through German customs in two weeks now...

ReneWiersma
ReneWiersma's picture
dobnarr wrote:Congratulations

dobnarr wrote:
Congratulations to you, too - this is my first time, so I don't know exactly what to expect. I do know I have to figure out how to get my game over there and through German customs in two weeks now...

Good luck! Luckily for you the Hippodice people are pretty lenient when it comes to the deadline for receiving prototypes from overseas ;)

sedjtroll
sedjtroll's picture
Congrats!

So there are at least 2 BGDF'ers who made the first cut at Hippodice this year - awesome! Anyone else?

Markus Hagenauer
Thanks

dobnarr wrote:

Thanks!
Shipping in 2 weeks should work. But as said before, they will not throw you out for some days delay.

Does anyone know how many games have been selected for the 2nr round in general?

mdkiehl
mdkiehl's picture
Hippodice 2011

My game was also accepted to Hippodice 2011, second round. If you go to my website you can see some pictures of my prototype.

http://mdkiehl.wordpress.com

Dralius
Dralius's picture
Good luck.

Good luck.

Markus Hagenauer
mdkiehl wrote:My game was

mdkiehl wrote:
My game was also accepted to Hippodice 2011, second round. If you go to my website you can see some pictures of my prototype.

http://mdkiehl.wordpress.com

Congratulations!
Water to Water looks great.

mdkiehl
mdkiehl's picture
Water to Water Video

Here is a very short introduction video I made a while back. You'll get to see the tiles in my prototype but not much more. (The game normally plays in 30 min, but in this video I had it go a bit longer... a slight variation on the rules) Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/user/MatthewKiehl#p/a/u/0/5qz30Of3QFc

Syndicate content

forum | by Dr. Radut