Skip to Content

Board Game Designers Guild Newsletter November 2009

9 replies [Last post]
compman
compman's picture

Here is a link to the Board Game Designers Guild Newsletter for November 2009. It's our first official newsletter.

http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B3MJI1MBX54YZDBkOTMxODctNGUyZC00ZTRmLTllNWIt\
OWQ2ZGFhYjgzZGYy&hl=en

tfowers
tfowers's picture
Really well done. Good

Really well done. Good collection of insights and a great format.

Don Jon
BDGD Newsletter

I was unable to open the BGDG Newsletter. :(

Dralius
Dralius's picture
what i get is a page that

what i get is a page that wants me to log in.

Willi B
check the link at BGN

or Purple Pawn - one is a pdf.

Andy K
Andy K's picture
compman wrote:Here is a link

compman wrote:
Here is a link to the Board Game Designers Guild Newsletter for November 2009. It's our first official newsletter.

http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B3MJI1MBX54YZDBkOTMxODctNGUyZC00ZTRmLTllNWIt\
OWQ2ZGFhYjgzZGYy&hl=en

Try this link:
http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B3MJI1MBX54YZDBkOTMxODctNGUyZC00ZTRm...

larienna
larienna's picture
I like the idea. Are there

I like the idea.

Are there any ways to subscribe or get a notification by e-mail to indicate that the next issue is available.

What periodicity to you intend to use, once a month, once every 2 month, or once every season. I suggest you start less often for a whole year and if you always end up with a lot of unused material, increase your periodicity. Else it will dilute the amount of information in each newsletter.

By the way, I am a library technician and I work a lot with scientific magazines in a psychiatric hospital. You should have labeled your issue : "Volume 1, issue 1" not "issue 1". A volume represents a year. At the end of every year, the volume number increase and the issue number is reset to 1. Since you started in November, if you publish monthly, it means that your year will end in October. So the October issue should be "Vol 1, no 12". And then you 2nd november issue will be Vol 2, no 1. If you skip and issue, because you could not release it in time, you can fusion issues. Like for example: issue 3-4. But don't skip numbers because people will think there are missing issues.

Hope it helps.

larienna
larienna's picture
I tried downloading the file,

I tried downloading the file, but it did not work. It asked me for password. Was there any restrictions to get access to the real PDF file and save them on my disk?

compman
compman's picture
Hmm

That's strange about the link not working. If any of you are having trouble viewing it, you can go to our website:

www.bgdg.info

and there is a link to the newsletter on the front page. I know that link works.

As far as frequency, it's probably going to be a twice to three times a year thing. If you want to be on a list that gets email notifications about future newsletters and other guild related stuff, you can just send a request to our Yahoo Group and we'll add your email. There is a link to the Yahoo Group off of the main page.

compman
compman's picture
larienna wrote:By the way, I

larienna wrote:
By the way, I am a library technician and I work a lot with scientific magazines in a psychiatric hospital. You should have labeled your issue : "Volume 1, issue 1" not "issue 1". A volume represents a year. At the end of every year, the volume number increase and the issue number is reset to 1. Since you started in November, if you publish monthly, it means that your year will end in October. So the October issue should be "Vol 1, no 12". And then you 2nd november issue will be Vol 2, no 1. If you skip and issue, because you could not release it in time, you can fusion issues. Like for example: issue 3-4. But don't skip numbers because people will think there are missing issues.

Hope it helps.

Thanks. I'll pass that along.

Syndicate content

forum | by Dr. Radut