Skip to Content

Haunted Destinies, my 103rd free game of the month is available for download.

6 replies [Last post]
InvisibleJon
InvisibleJon's picture

Hi All,

Haunted Destinies is my 103rd free Game of the Month. It's available at: http://www.invisible-city.com/ It's a game of discovery, intrigue, and murder.

I mention it because it's the result of a discussion we had long ago on the old BGDF forum about how to make a deductive game and keep certain information private. Amusingly, the mechanics that I like the most in the game have nothing to do with hidden information. Instead, they're about board layout, movement, and conflict resolution.

Best Regards,

Jonathan L.

Zzzzz
Zzzzz's picture
Not sure I want to know how

Not sure I want to know how it is your 103rd game of the month.

But I have to ask is this the 103rd within *this month of October*?

Or is it the 103rd game spanning 103 months (or 8.5+ years of 1 Game of the Month per month)?

InvisibleJon
InvisibleJon's picture
It's 103 months of games, not 103 games this month =)

Zzzzz wrote:
Not sure I want to know how it is your 103rd game of the month.

But I have to ask is this the 103rd within *this month of October*?

Or is it the 103rd game spanning 103 months (or 8.5+ years of 1 Game of the Month per month)?

If I said "LOL", I'd be fibbing, but I did smile a lot after reading this. This is my 103rd monthly game, meaning that I've been putting up a game each month since January 2000 (with a short 3-month hiatus after the 100th game, this May).

I certainly haven't made 103 games in just this month. I'm not nearly that prolific. (*grin*)

InvisibleJon
InvisibleJon's picture
If you've aready downloaded it...

Hi All,

I forgot to include the board tiles with the ZIP bundle. If you downloaded a version that didn't have board tiles, downloading it again from the same link will yield a version that has the board tiles and a clue tracker.

Oopsie. That's what I get for not testing my packages before uploading.

GrimFinger
GrimFinger's picture
103 games to your credit is

103 games to your credit is quite an accomplishment.

InvisibleJon
InvisibleJon's picture
Thanks!

It's been a fun habit to maintain. Their quality varies pretty widely, though. On the upside, just doing it has gotten me jobs inside and outside the industry, so that's cool.

larienna
larienna's picture
Wow, your fast

How people are able to make 1 game per month while I have not finished any one of mine in 3 years.

OK, they might be simple games based around 1 mechanic, so it might be faster to design while maybe I could make more complex games.

Right now, I just want to finish at least one of my game just to experience at least once all the steps of the design process. I'll see what I can do.

Syndicate content

forum | by Dr. Radut