Skip to Content

Battleground: Crossbows & Catapults - War Chest Starter Set for $9.98 at Toys R' Us

3 replies [Last post]
Willi B

Maybe some prototyping use for people... available on their website as well. Package contains 2 Castles, 2 crossbows, 2 catapults, 2 cannons, 8 humans, 8 orcs, 16 discs, 12 standards, 24 bricks, 4 bonus stands, and 20 rubber bands.

Maybe some people here could use these in a game.... has to save over some other means if you look at the price.

The Magician
Oh my God! I was looking at

Oh my God! I was looking at this game at Toys R Us just the other day as I was shopping for prototype pieces. I was really tempted to buy it, but chose not to because I thought: "Well the price has been slashed way down to nine bucks, this could be fun. But, what about the space it will take up and I don't find myself playing much games anyway because I am too busy creating other things now including, go figure, a game." It's funny you also saw this!

Darkehorse
Darkehorse's picture
Actually

I actually bought this game for my kids for christmas.

Other than the bricks, what prototyping potential do you see? I guess the flags and the figurines could be useful, but the weapons themselves are far too specialized (not to mention large) to use in a board game.

-Darke

Willi B
2 each their own...

I know not the minds of the BGDF and what they are creating... fantasy is a popular theme and perhaps others are working on a flicking game that could use the parts as placeholders?

Heck... maybe there are just some mini enthusiasts that might want them for terrain (I know... not board games - but I did post in off-topic instead of prototyping).

Actually though, I had a game/toy concept that I was working on that could use a few of the bits myself and I have it on back-burner.... I basically realize that I would need to do more research on toys to go forward with it.

My local stores are out, and I am thinking of getting a couple from the website if still available.... but the shipping makes it less worthy of a pursuit for me.

Syndicate content

forum | by Dr. Radut