Skip to Content

Site Problem - Overlapping text on the right hand side.

6 replies [Last post]
GrimFinger
GrimFinger's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/06/2008
Screenshot of BGDF forum - Overlapping text along the right hand side.

I took a screen shot to demonstrate how the text is overlapping along the right hand side.

Zzzzz
Zzzzz's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/20/2008
Thanks, we already have this

Thanks, we already have this issue logged. Just need time to resolve it.

Zzzzz
Zzzzz's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/20/2008
I made a minor change that

I made a minor change that should help this issue. I have only tested it on FF and Safari at this point. FF seems fine now, while Safari still has a minor overlap, but it does not seem to be nearly as bad, and for me the side bar and forum table do not seem to overlap (but get very very close).

As always changes will be made on an ongoing basis, hopefully the admin staff will have more time to address some of the issues in the near future.

Thanks

MatthewF
MatthewF's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/22/2008
Still just as bad under IE

Still just as bad under IE and very nearly as bad under FF3-Win.

I'm slowly working on re-doing the site's style sheets (nothing implemented so far), so perhaps I'll have a sturdier one to install once I'm finished. No promises on timing, however.

In the meantime, do what you can to keep your browser window open wider! :D

Katherine
Offline
Joined: 07/24/2008
site problem -

It is very easy to access the archives through the link at the top of this page but how does one return? I am closing the old window and opening the new just to log off.

thanks

Zzzzz
Zzzzz's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/20/2008
MatthewF wrote:Still just as

MatthewF wrote:
Still just as bad under IE and very nearly as bad under FF3-Win.

I'm slowly working on re-doing the site's style sheets (nothing implemented so far), so perhaps I'll have a sturdier one to install once I'm finished. No promises on timing, however.

In the meantime, do what you can to keep your browser window open wider! :D

Matthew the issue is not as *severe* as it use to be. While some overlapping occurs, as long as your make sure to force the browser cache of the css to update this issue should be *less* of an issue. I looked at it from my windows box from FF3 and IE7 and they are *almost* ok. And I actually know what the remaining issue is, but I was hoping to avoid fixing it since it might impact other pages.

shazzaz wrote:
It is very easy to access the archives through the link at the top of this page but how does one return? I am closing the old window and opening the new just to log off.

thanks


shazzaz the archive is a *temporary* resource. As such we are not making any major changes to support navigate to and from that old site area. But with that the easiest way to navigate back to this site would be to use the logo located on the archive page, which should redirect you here.

MatthewF
MatthewF's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/22/2008
Zzzzz wrote:While some

Zzzzz wrote:
While some overlapping occurs, as long as your make sure to force the browser cache of the css to update this issue should be *less* of an issue.

D'oh! Didn't force the reload, sorry.

Syndicate content


forum | by Dr. Radut