Play test gone awry - I'm sure everyone who has done tests can empathize with that. Funny how one player not really into the game can muck things up for data collection.
But it did highlight one fatal flaw in the game. The game contains a loss metric called Panic, and when Panic gets to the max, the game is automatically lost.
I discovered that Panic suddenly hits the extreme. I had made one edit in an attempt to alter the difficulty. I wanted the game a little harder, but not too much harder. Well, turns out it went way too much harder. But I found the problem, got it fixed (hopefully) and am on my way to the next play test. Its scheduled for about 2 weeks away, and with the number of players I will have it will be perfect for testing the new Panic metric.