(Note: This Challenge is closed to new entries and open for voting.)
Game Design Showdown
July 2008 Challenge - "Pool Party"
Challenge: Design a game to be played by a group in and/or around a swimming pool.
- What is 'a group'? - The number of players can go as high as is safely allowed in (or around) the pool.
- What sort of swimming pool? - Your design can determine the size and type of pool, from "kiddy pool" to "Olympic lap pool" -- it's up to you.
- What sort of equipment? - Your design can determine the type of equipment (if any) to be used in the game ... from no additional equipment needed, to generally easy-to-find things (frisbees, volleyballs, etc.), to unique equipment custom-made for your game.
- Start Date: Thursday, 10-July-2008
- End Date: Thursday, 17-July-2008, Noon EST (approximately)
- Voting: 17-July-2008 through Thursday, 24-July-2008
This Challenge is closed to new entries and open for voting.
To Vote: Send your voting points to me via the site's private message system.
To Critique the Entries: Post your thoughtful comments in the Critique Thread.
For more details on how these Game Design Showdown Challenges work (including how to vote), visit the GDS Wiki Page.