We at The Game Crafter are pleased to announce our first of many design contests. Each will have a theme, and a short set of rules. After that it's all up to your creativity to see what happens.
There are many different kinds of vehicles in our parts catalog. For our first contest we want you to design a game that features one or more of the vehicle parts in our parts catalog. It doesn't matter whether you feature just one kind of vehicle (like a boat racing game), or if you create a game that requires a whole horde of different vehicles (like a military strategy game).
There are very few rules to this contest, but for your game to be considered, you must stay within them:
- You must use at least one type of vehicle from our parts catalog.
- You may use any of our printed components or the parts from our catalog to design your game.
- Your game must not cost more than $19.99 to manufacture, and the game box must be included in the manufacturing cost.
- This must be an original game created for this contest. You may not use one of your previously published works.
- Your game need not be published to the shop by the end of the contest, but it must comply with all shop publishing standards, so that it is publish ready.
- You must submit your game to the crafter points submission form no later than October 1, 2011 at 10pm US Central Time.
- We reserve the right to reject submissions that infringe upon intellectual property, that are excessively vulgar, or that look like they have been slapped together in an afternoon.
There will be many prizes awarded as part of this contest.
- Grand Prize: 100,000 crafter points (aka 100 days of featured status for your game), and listed in our hall of fame.*
- First Runner Up: 30,000 crafter points.
- Every Valid Submission: 5,000 crafter points.
- Plus the games are yours to sell in the shop afterwards, and any profits are yours to keep.
- We will also be awarding 10,000 bonus crafter points for each of three categories: best artwork, most creative game, and best written rules.
*More on the hall of fame later.
Good luck! If you have questions, reply here.