Hey guys, I'm pretty new to board/card games in general and came up with this idea for game. What do you think about it? I wanna do this as a PnP, any ideas for improvement or other games as reference?
AdHouse will be a fast-paced cardgame about the frenetic life of graphic designers at an advertisign/design agency.
Players must place Job cards in order to achieve as many Jobs as they can. Also, each Job requires an ammount of Time, and the sum of the Time for all that player Jobs must always be low. The player with the most Jobs and least Time is the winner.
- At the start of the game, each player draws 5 cards from the Common Deck.
- On his turn a player must first play one card from his hand, and then must draw a card from the Common Deck or the Queue.
- A Job card can be played at a player's space or discarded faced up at the Queue.
- A Job card can be played OVER any existing card when it's priority is higher. Job Priority is ranked by colors, from the lowest to the highest: blue, yellow, red.
- Effect cards can be played to exchange cards between players, cancel other Effect cards, change some rules etc.
- At some point, a player will play a Clock card. When 2 Clock cards are on the table at the same time, game ends and the players calculate their scores.
Jobs + (24 - all Jobs Time sum).
I was also thinking in having some Jobs to do special things when placed over the Queue. This way, a player unconfortable with some active effect will draw that card from the queue instead to draw from the Deck even if it's not an interesting card for him.
Why do all players start with 24 score? Wouldn't simply Jobs minus all Jobs Time sum do?
Good point Awaclus, I forgot to mention that 24 represents the hours of the day - thus a player wins when plays the most Jobs using fewer hours. Btw, Thanks for taking you time!
I was thinking on this version:
- Each Job card will have a "Idea" value (1~9) and a "Time" value (1~4).
- Players drawn 1 card and play 1 card.
- Each player must NOT go higher than (let's say) 24 Time, but the more Idea the better.
- If a card you drew threats your Time total (you have 21 and got a Time 4), you can choose to discard it to the "Queue" deck, making that card visible and avaliable to anyone.
- No more "priority" colors. There are still special cards that steal or discard other players cards.
How the round ends?
I still didn't solve this well. Maybe players keep playing until there's only one left, or maybe there's a special card (clock) that keeps changing hands and when someone first reaches 24 Time AND has the Clock, wins...
What do you guys think, am I going somewhere here? :)