Skip to Content

Logo / slogan Voting

111 replies [Last post]
FastLearner
Offline
Joined: 12/31/1969
Logo / slogan Voting

Quick color business card sketches.

http://www.genimuse.com/temp/bgdf/cardsketches.htm

I assume that the cards aren't intended to have our names on them, but rather are marketing items. If they're to have names, I'll whip out a design for that, too.

-- Matthew

FastLearner
Offline
Joined: 12/31/1969
Logo / slogan Voting

BTW, I'm constantly bugged about whether is should be the Board Game Designers Forum or instead the Board Game Designers' Forum. The latter seems more right every time, yet I can see how the former makes sense, too.

-- Matthew

hpox
Offline
Joined: 12/31/1969
Logo / slogan Voting

Wow, I really like (A)

I sent the images to Michael. But the site should have a new stylesheet to go with the new logo.

However, the colors are hard-coded? I forgot the user/pass to the server so I couldn't check how to change them. When you get this message Mike, could you give me an account on the server?

Btw, the logo isn't a clipart as some suggested. It's entirely hand-made in a vectors program.

sedjtroll
sedjtroll's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/21/2008
Logo / slogan Voting

I think I like the BGDF part of (a) better, but I definitely like the text of (b) better.

phpbbadmin
Offline
Joined: 04/23/2013
Logo / slogan Voting

hpox wrote:
Wow, I really like (A)

I sent the images to Michael. But the site should have a new stylesheet to go with the new logo.

However, the colors are hard-coded? I forgot the user/pass to the server so I couldn't check how to change them. When you get this message Mike, could you give me an account on the server?

Btw, the logo isn't a clipart as some suggested. It's entirely hand-made in a vectors program.

The colors are set in the theme. In order to change the colors you need to either modify the existing theme or create a new one, which I don't know how to do. Send me a private message with what you want your new admin password to be.

-Michael

Scurra
Scurra's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/11/2008
Logo / slogan Voting

I like (a) too, even though it once again leads to me calling the site BDGF.com in conversation (something I find myself doing far too often... :-)

zaiga
Offline
Joined: 12/31/1969
Logo / slogan Voting

sedjtroll wrote:
I think I like the BGDF part of (a) better, but I definitely like the text of (b) better.

I agree with this. I would like to see a version with the BGDF part from (a) and the text from (b).

sedjtroll
sedjtroll's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/21/2008
Logo / slogan Voting

Here's my rough attempts - more like concepts really.

http://www.dakotacom.net/~sej/bgdf.pdf

- Seth

phpbbadmin
Offline
Joined: 04/23/2013
Winning Logo and Tag line

Folks,

Hpox submitted me the logo and tagline, but neither he nor I could figure out a way to combine them into a single nice looking coherent entity. Here is what he gave me:





Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Darke

phpbbadmin
Offline
Joined: 04/23/2013
Logo / slogan Voting

FastLearner wrote:
Quick color business card sketches.

http://www.genimuse.com/temp/bgdf/cardsketches.htm

I assume that the cards aren't intended to have our names on them, but rather are marketing items. If they're to have names, I'll whip out a design for that, too.

-- Matthew

Yeah I was actually hoping to have names in them. This would promote both the BGDF and the person giving out the card.

Something like this:

I really like the what letters in the primary colored bold letters. Very Classy. So for me I might want to put:

Michael Daugherty
Founder

darkehorse@gmail.com

Someone else might put:
Joe Bloe
Member

joebloe@mail.com

or whatever other contact info they'd like. Matthew is is possible to provide a template so users could enter in the text of their name, choose their title and contact information. I guess we'd restrict the special titles to the moderators only, but the users could choose whatever title they'd like.

Any thoughts?
-Michael

Oh yeah it might be nice to have a slot for the member nickname as well. Not sure how that would work..

hpox
Offline
Joined: 12/31/1969
Logo / slogan Voting

At the top of the page:

Take the logo with "The Board Game Designers Forums" text and align it left. Then take the slogan alone and align it right. It looks nice like that. Text might be too large though... it shouldn't be an image to begin with, just text.

FastLearner
Offline
Joined: 12/31/1969
Logo / slogan Voting

Here are a couple of possibilities (quickly whipped out, probably need some refinement if anything looks interesting).

http://www.genimuse.com/temp/bgdf/bannersketches.htm

phpbbadmin
Offline
Joined: 04/23/2013
Logo / slogan Voting

FastLearner wrote:
Here are a couple of possibilities (quickly whipped out, probably need some refinement if anything looks interesting).

http://www.genimuse.com/temp/bgdf/bannersketches.htm

I dunno. Both are good but it's missing something, and not anything I can place my finger on.

-Michael

sedjtroll
sedjtroll's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/21/2008
Logo / slogan Voting

Darkehorse wrote:
FastLearner wrote:
Here are a couple of possibilities (quickly whipped out, probably need some refinement if anything looks interesting).

http://www.genimuse.com/temp/bgdf/bannersketches.htm

I dunno. Both are good but it's missing something, and not anything I can place my finger on.

-Michael

What they're missing is BGDF.com... and I like A very, very much.

Perhaps another die on the other side (rotated differently?)... for symmetry... then again maybe not.

What about "The Board game Designers Forum" in BLOCK PRINT? I'll see what my sister thinks, for another graphic design point of view.

- Seth

Scurra
Scurra's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/11/2008
Logo / slogan Voting

Much as I hate to agree with Seth ;-)), I like A very much too.

phpbbadmin
Offline
Joined: 04/23/2013
Logo / slogan Voting

I like A too. Curious, is there anyway you can put bgdf.com underneath the die but have the bgdf and the .com angled in such a way as to be parallel to the die above it? If the letters where in a 3D font that would be even better looking methinks.

-Michael

phpbbadmin
Offline
Joined: 04/23/2013
Logo / slogan Voting

Fast,

Have you had any more time to work on or think about either the business card or the winning logo?

-Michael

FastLearner
Offline
Joined: 12/31/1969
Logo / slogan Voting

Shockingly, I'm sure, I let it slip. Sorry. I'll hop on it today or tomorrow.

-- Matthew

phpbbadmin
Offline
Joined: 04/23/2013
Hpox

Do you think you could make your logo into something like this?

Perhaps with a bit more color (and a bit more talent?)

-Michael

FastLearner
Offline
Joined: 12/31/1969
Logo / slogan Voting

Ok, honestly, seriously, and without question, I will be putting up new versions of the textified logo and the business cards this evening. If I do not, I will personally paypal every admin... umm... some money. :)

-- Matthew

FastLearner
Offline
Joined: 12/31/1969
Logo / slogan Voting

BTW, does anyone have Acrobat 7, full-blown version? I could provide a PDF with form fields (I have Acrobat 5 or 6), and then someone with Acro 7 could open it and save it back out as a form that anyone with Acro 7 reader could use. (Acro 7 reader now allows people to complete forms and print them.) This would allow the fonts to be embedded, etc., so that it comes out looking very professional yet is easy to enter your name, title, and email address.

-- Matthew

phpbbadmin
Offline
Joined: 04/23/2013
Logo / slogan Voting

FastLearner wrote:
BTW, does anyone have Acrobat 7, full-blown version? I could provide a PDF with form fields (I have Acrobat 5 or 6), and then someone with Acro 7 could open it and save it back out as a form that anyone with Acro 7 reader could use. (Acro 7 reader now allows people to complete forms and print them.) This would allow the fonts to be embedded, etc., so that it comes out looking very professional yet is easy to enter your name, title, and email address.

-- Matthew

Acrobat 7 is too new.. Otherwise we'd have a copy at work. Bummer..

phpbbadmin
Offline
Joined: 04/23/2013
Logo / slogan Voting

Darkehorse wrote:
FastLearner wrote:
BTW, does anyone have Acrobat 7, full-blown version? I could provide a PDF with form fields (I have Acrobat 5 or 6), and then someone with Acro 7 could open it and save it back out as a form that anyone with Acro 7 reader could use. (Acro 7 reader now allows people to complete forms and print them.) This would allow the fonts to be embedded, etc., so that it comes out looking very professional yet is easy to enter your name, title, and email address.

-- Matthew

Acrobat 7 is too new.. Otherwise we'd have a copy at work. Bummer..

Question: I thought you could do forms in acrobat 5 and 6 as long as you had the acrobat forms plug in...

-Michael

sedjtroll
sedjtroll's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/21/2008
Logo / slogan Voting

Is acrobat 7 something you have to buy? Or is the free download all you need to do what you're talking about?

I appear to have Acrobat Reader 7 which was a download.

Scurra
Scurra's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/11/2008
Logo / slogan Voting

FastLearner wrote:
BTW, does anyone have Acrobat 7, full-blown version? I could provide a PDF with form fields

Um, I'll have access to a copy next week. That's not very useful though right now, is it? (We've just ordered it for work.)

FastLearner
Offline
Joined: 12/31/1969
Logo / slogan Voting

Acro 5 and 6 allow you to create forms, yeah, but I think you have to have Acro 7 to create the kind of forms that Acro 7 reader can fill out.

I'll check it, though.

I need a larger (higher res) logo from hpox, if possible, for the board logo (I need it to be a bit bigger). I'll track down his email and ask.

hpox
Offline
Joined: 12/31/1969
Logo / slogan Voting

You're lucky, I'm home for easter holiday so I have access to my illustrator files. I'll upload it tonight.

hpox
Offline
Joined: 12/31/1969
Logo / slogan Voting

Here's the original Adobe Illustrator file I made. Have fun!

http://www.bgdf.com/files/My_Uploads/hpox/bgdf-logo.ai

phpbbadmin
Offline
Joined: 04/23/2013
Logo / slogan Voting

hpox wrote:
Here's the original Adobe Illustrator file I made. Have fun!

http://www.bgdf.com/files/My_Uploads/hpox/bgdf-logo.ai

Thank you my friend!

-Darke

FastLearner
Offline
Joined: 12/31/1969
Logo / slogan Voting

Awesome. I put together the basics with an enlarged graphic (looks kinda crappy). I'll finish both up tomorrow.

-- Matthew

Syndicate content


forum | by Dr. Radut