Skip to Content

Fall 2005 Albany Playtest

10 replies [Last post]
jwarrend

After the tremendous success of our August gathering (6 designers, 10+ attendees total), it's time to think about whether we'll be able to hold a fall gathering.

As usual, please provide your schedule by using the following system. Next to each date, place XX if you're more than 67% likely to be able to attend; X if you're more than 33% likely to be able to attend, nothing if you're sure you can't attend that day.

My schedule is still a bit uncertain, but a few XX days should materialize as things crystallize more...

Oct 8
Oct 15 X
Oct 22
Oct 29 X
Nov 5 X
Nov 12 X
Nov 19 X
Nov 26 X
Dec 3

Hope to see you this fall!

-Jeff

IngredientX
IngredientX's picture
Re: Fall 2005 Albany Playtest

Oct 8
Oct 15
Oct 22
Oct 29 XX
Nov 5 XX
Nov 12
Nov 19 XX
Nov 26 XX
Dec 3 XX

Most of October is booked solid for us, but we're pretty clear after that.

Zzzzz
Zzzzz's picture
Re: Fall 2005 Albany Playtest

Oct 8
Oct 15
Oct 22
Oct 29 X
Nov 5 X
Nov 12 X
Nov 19 X
Nov 26 X
Dec 3 X

First to weeks in October are out for me, I will be in Hawaii! I will update which days are XX for me once I return from my cruise.

jwarrend

From Carl, a non-BGDF member who's based in CT and interested in attending:

Oct 8
Oct 15 X
Oct 22
Oct 29 XX
Nov 5
Nov 12
Nov 19
Nov 26
Dec 3 XX

jwarrend

From Brian, a non-BGDF member:

Oct 8 
Oct 15
Oct 22
Oct 29 X
Nov 5 
Nov 12 X
Nov 19 X
Nov 26
Dec 3

Anonymous

Looks like October if flying by sooner than I thought! Here's my availability. I will firm up the dates on which I can definitely make it when my wife gets her class assignment schedule.

Oct 8
Oct 15
Oct 22
Oct 29 X
Nov 5 X
Nov 12 X
Nov 19 X
Nov 26
Dec 3

Anonymous

From Stuart (my brother, a non-member) who's very excited about attending if his schedule works out.

Oct 8
Oct 15
Oct 22
Oct 29
Nov 5 X
Nov 12 X
Nov 19 X
Nov 26
Dec 3

nosissies

Hey folks, I'm not sure what my involvement here can be this go around as I just started back to grad school this semester. I'll keep an eye on the dates that settle out and try to at least make an appearance.

peace,
Tom

jwarrend

November 5 has emerged as the consensus choice, so let's shoot for that. It looks like we'll have at least one attendee (Carl from CT) who hasn't come before, possibly 2 if Steve's brother can make it.

If you'd like to attend and I don't already have your email address, drop me a PM and I can get you directions. See you in Troy on the 5th!

-Jeff

nosissies

Hey folks, sorry I couldn't make it, how did it go?

peace,
Tom

jwarrend

Tom,

It went well; attendance was only 4: myself, SiskNY, Emphyrio, and a new guy, Carl, from CT. We played 3 games: a new medieval-themed game by SiskNY that exhibited the typical Sisk production-ready prototype quality, and was very good gameplay-wise as well. Next, we played Emphyrio's entry for Z-man's monster contest. The core idea is very clever, but we discovered a few gameplay issues that will hopefully help Emphyrio to develop the game further. Finally, we played a game by Carl that was a reworking of El Grande, but set in outer space.

It occured to us that perhaps we're going about the scheduling all wrong: each time, we're trying to choose a date that works best with everyone's existing schedule. But SiskNY suggested that perhaps if we picked a date further in advance, then we could just make our schedules work around the selected date. With that in mind, I think we may want to try scheduling the January/February session now, and see if that gives us a higher attendance or not. At a minimum, hopefully we can have the session at a time when you're between semesters and have some breathing room!

So, it was too bad more folks couldn't come, but we had a good time, got a new guy to the table, and put some gaming mileage on my dining room table, which is always a good thing!

-Jeff

Syndicate content

forum | by Dr. Radut