Skip to Content

Campaign 2012 UPDATE: Now with 47% more awesomeness! Playtesters needed

No replies
camboard

I have made some post-convention, pre-debate updates to my board game design (currently titled Campaign 2012):

*Two brand spanking new demographics: Veterans and Small Business Owners
*Six new Events, from Chicago Teacher Strike to Gary Johnson
*Several new updated Strategy cards, such as "47%" and "Bill Clinton"
*A re-balancing of swing states to reflect new polls, as well as a more robust spread of unlockable states.
*New rule tweaks covering Grassroots Support and Issue Rank Changes

A short game recap:
Both players are trying to win the presidency by battling it out over around 17 swing states. (You can unlock additional non-swing states.) Each turn, both players create an "Agenda" from a common stock of cards, and then use campaign tokens to execute this agenda. Players place support on states by winning various issues and demographics. Each player also has a set of candidate-specific strategy cards that only they can use. Events also occur, and each player tries to "spin" the event to their favor.

It is a card-based game. You will need some sort of tokens of two colors to represent support. I also recommend using poker chips marked with a sharpie for the campaign tokens. My intention is to update the game one more time before the election, and then a post-election realignment to match up with real life.

If anyone is interested in playtesting this game, please get in contact with me at campaign2012boardgame@gmail.com

Edit: This is a print and play game.

Syndicate content

forum | by Dr. Radut