Skip to Content

2009 Game and Trade Show Booth Sharing

3 replies [Last post]
angierickvps
angierickvps's picture

For those that are ready, and I am new to this process but I figured that this forum might be a good place to start a co-op as it relates to sharing booths at this years game shows.

Based on the "publisher" research that I have run accross is that most firms are going to offer to take your games to multiple trade shows a year. If we (who are at the point of wanting to grow their sales) partner together, we might be able to coordinate going to trade shows by all of us pitching in to help everyone who wants to participate.

I (Like others) am a little guy with a good, playtested, and legally protected protected game that can not afford to make every tradeshow throughout the states. However if a group of us who are strategically located (Say some folks in Chicago, Las Vegas, New York, Ohio and such) are able to band together, this would allow for a presence at each of the major game and tradeshows without the financial stress. Heck it's just an idea.

What are your thoughts? Is this something that is interesting or is this something already in the works? If there is a group who is already working on this please let me know.

Thanks All

Rick

http://www.fairplaygames.com/gamedisplay.asp?gameid=5958

NativeTexan
NativeTexan's picture
Great idea!

angierickvps wrote:
For those that are ready, and I am new to this process but I figured that this forum might be a good place to start a co-op as it relates to sharing booths at this years game shows.

Based on the "publisher" research that I have run accross is that most firms are going to offer to take your games to multiple trade shows a year. If we (who are at the point of wanting to grow their sales) partner together, we might be able to coordinate going to trade shows by all of us pitching in to help everyone who wants to participate.

I (Like others) am a little guy with a good, playtested, and legally protected protected game that can not afford to make every tradeshow throughout the states. However if a group of us who are strategically located (Say some folks in Chicago, Las Vegas, New York, Ohio and such) are able to band together, this would allow for a presence at each of the major game and tradeshows without the financial stress. Heck it's just an idea.

What are your thoughts? Is this something that is interesting or is this something already in the works? If there is a group who is already working on this please let me know.

Thanks All

Rick

http://www.fairplaygames.com/gamedisplay.asp?gameid=5958

I love the idea and I would be very interested in participating in something like this.

angierickvps
angierickvps's picture
Co-Op for Game & Trade Shows

Well this makes 2...LOL The way that I look at this opportunity, is that there are so many companies that will promote games and go to the tradeshows for a huge fee. If we (those who are totally ready) can band together, I won't mind sharing the costs. To me the most important benefit is that we will be able to represent our porducts ourselves. Who pitches our products better than us? Hopefully we can get someone that lives in each of the primary event cities. We might have to regroup in 2010 for the events that have already been missed.

By the way, we operate out of Columbus, Ohio and can easily participate in the Origins Game & Tradeshow which occurs here in Columbus, Ohio mid year every year. If we can get enough group support we can participate in this event this year. I would expect that each person or group which chooses to join us should be prepared to ship their products to our business as we are prepared to ship our products to each event destination location.

These are just ideas. I am a nobody. I just have a limited budget and I perfer to work smarter than pay someone else to do something that we could do ourselves.

All feedback is welcome....

NativeTexan
NativeTexan's picture
I can cover Texas and Oklahoma!

Driftwood Games (my company) operates out of the Dallas - Fort Worth metroplex. We can cover the following:

- Delta H Con in Houston (late April)
- Sooner Con in Oklahoma City (early June)
- Armadillo Con in Austin (mid August)
- Millennium Con in Round Rock (early November)
- BGG Con in Irving (mid November)

Syndicate content

forum | by Dr. Radut