Skip to Content

Comments and Questions on the July 2010 Game Design Showdown

9 replies [Last post]
sedjtroll
sedjtroll's picture

Use this thread for any comments, questions, requests for clarity, etc., regarding the July 2010 Challenge in the Game Design Showdown, entitled "My Summer Vacation".

Enjoy, Seth

dobnarr
dobnarr's picture
Time question

Does "time as a resource" mean something specific, or must the concept of time merely be involved in some way?

I guess I'm asking, must part or all of the game be timed in real-world time, like with an egg timer, or would, say, playing on a board that's a calendar, filling in days count as using time as a resource?

Thanks,
Dave

dobnarr
dobnarr's picture
Can I get a ruling here?

Can I get a ruling here? Part of my design will hinge on what this means.

Thanks,
Dave

sedjtroll
sedjtroll's picture
Could be anything

You could use real-time in your game, or time as a resource in some other way, it is up to you.

Brykovian
Brykovian's picture
Interesting theme,

Interesting theme, Seth!

"Hey Ferb, I know what we're gonna do today!"

;-D

-Matt

sedjtroll
sedjtroll's picture
Wha?

I don't get it :(

Brykovian
Brykovian's picture
sedjtroll wrote:I don't get

sedjtroll wrote:

Did you click on the link?

It's a line you'll hear in every episode of "Phineas & Ferb" ... a cartoon about 2 brothers who work their way through summer vacation by coming up with something crazy to do each day. Seemed to fit your "Summer Vacation" theme.

:-)

-Matt

JustPlainChips
JustPlainChips's picture
Phineas & Ferb is a great

Phineas & Ferb is a great cartoon on the Disney channel. I encourage everyone to watch it.

sedjtroll
sedjtroll's picture
Aha!

Brykovian wrote:
sedjtroll wrote:

Did you click on the link?

It's a line you'll hear in every episode of "Phineas & Ferb" ... a cartoon about 2 brothers who work their way through summer vacation by coming up with something crazy to do each day. Seemed to fit your "Summer Vacation" theme.

:-)

-Matt

I clicked the link and saw the quote - didn't read the whole article though. Didn't realize those characters were specific to Summer Vacation.

richdurham
richdurham's picture
Son of a...

Argh, I fell asleep and missed the submission deadline! I liked this one, too. Liked the entry I had, too. Called it "4 Days 3 Nights." Maybe I'll still send it to you later today anyway, for self-gratification.

Syndicate content

forum | by Dr. Radut