Skip to Content

Comments and Questions on the June 2010 Game Design Showdown

38 replies [Last post]
emxibus
Thanks Rich

That's what I needed.

dsavillian
I'm a long time lurker

I'm a long time lurker entering into this competition for the first time! :)

Question about the word count... does the 800 word limit include text within graphics? (say for, names/rule text on cards)

edit: It has been quite the exercise to force myself to keep my ideas on track and narrow the scope of this game! I should self impose an 800 word limit on my other projects

seo
seo's picture
dsavillian wrote:Question

dsavillian wrote:
Question about the word count... does the 800 word limit include text within graphics? (say for, names/rule text on cards)

edit: It has been quite the exercise to force myself to keep my ideas on track and narrow the scope of this game! I should self impose an 800 word limit on my other projects

Yes, the limit includes text in the illustrations.

And the idea behind the limit is not just to make things easier for the "judges", but also to help the participants to learn to write concise and clear rulebooks and game descriptions. It's always good to hear it works. :)

DogBoy
I ought to read stuff. My

I ought to read stuff. My idiocy crimes this month include:

* Missing the deadline
* Designing two games
* Making too many images
:-D

seo
seo's picture
Crimes

Your first crime cancels the other two. If you missed the deadline, hence not entering the contest, then you are automatically allowed to design as many games as you want, involving any number of images.

If the deadline is extended and you get to enter the GDS, you will have to pick just one of your games and manage to make the entry use just three images or less.

Are you sure you didn't break the 800 word limit too? ;)

sedjtroll
sedjtroll's picture
deadline, shmedline

I'm on my way home from Oklahoma today, and there appears to be no guarantee I won't fall asleep posting the entries, so if you have an entry but haven't sent it because of the deadline, go ahead and send it in!

oicu12b12
oicu12b12's picture
Names and Numbers

Seth,

If you get a chance, can you post the designers names and vote counts for this month's GDS? I'd love to see who was behind some of these great submissions.

Thanks!

dsavillian
oicu12b12 wrote:Seth, If you

oicu12b12 wrote:
Seth,

If you get a chance, can you post the designers names and vote counts for this month's GDS? I'd love to see who was behind some of these great submissions.

Thanks!

Mine was the League of Artistic Wizards :)

I'll see if I can take some time tomorrow and compile some feedback for the critique thread...

Syndicate content

forum | by Dr. Radut