Skip to Content

[GDS] September 2011 "Stick Around" - Coments and Questions

9 replies [Last post]
sedjtroll
sedjtroll's picture

Use this thread for any comments, questions, requests for clarity, etc., regarding the September 2011 Challenge in the Game Design Showdown, entitled "Stick Around".

-Seth

joni
joni's picture
Is it no attention at all

Is it no attention at all around this months GDS?
... or are alle people too busy thinking out good ideas?

This is a new concept to me, I had to read through the Risk Legacy rules to get it...

Empires
Empires's picture
Definitely thinking of ideas...

I am definitely thinking of ideas, I have just been busy at Strategicon this Labor Day Weekend.

P.S. By the way Seth (sedjtroll), it was so nice to meet you this weekend! I loved Eminent Domain and will definitely consider picking it up.

Thanks so much, Lucas Townsend

sedjtroll
sedjtroll's picture
Empires wrote:I am definitely

Empires wrote:
I am definitely thinking of ideas, I have just been busy at Strategicon this Labor Day Weekend.

P.S. By the way Seth (sedjtroll), it was so nice to meet you this weekend! I loved Eminent Domain and will definitely consider picking it up.

Thanks so much, Lucas Townsend

Nice to meet you too, Lucas! Looking forward to your GDS entry this month :)

sedjtroll
sedjtroll's picture
joni wrote:Is it no attention

joni wrote:
Is it no attention at all around this months GDS?
... or are alle people too busy thinking out good ideas?

This is a new concept to me, I had to read through the Risk Legacy rules to get it...

I have received 1 entry, and at least 2 others have told me they are working on one, and one guy made an account in order to participate - so I think it's just quiet. Maybe because of my bonehead mistake of unlocking the wrong thread and forgetting to put the GDS thread on the front page!

Yamahako
I'm personally excited about

I'm personally excited about this one - but since I tend to come up with more paired down games, this is complicated to fit into my standard design thinking. I might have to branch out! I'll come up with something for it though :-) I LOVE the concept of Risk Legacy - and if players can get behind a "consumable" board game, I think it could do some interesting things for the industry.

Tyberius
GDS thread

.....unlocking the wrong thread and forgetting to put the GDS thread on the front page....

This was totally my problem. I checked the front page a couple times within the last week, but didn't see the contest until just now.... :)

sedjtroll
sedjtroll's picture
Tyberius wrote:.....unlocking

Tyberius wrote:
.....unlocking the wrong thread and forgetting to put the GDS thread on the front page....

This was totally my problem. I checked the front page a couple times within the last week, but didn't see the contest until just now.... :)

Yeah, I haven't posted them yet - so anyone getting their entry to me by the end of the day (Friday) I will accept it!

sedjtroll
sedjtroll's picture
Late Entry!

Everyone who's already looked at the entries, please take another look - I overlooked an entry in my gmail. The PM system on BGDF isn't the best, but using my personal email runs this risk!

There are now 6 entries, entry #6 "Nations of the World" has just been posted.

Thanks!

- Seth

sedjtroll
sedjtroll's picture
Two entries - "Gods and

Two entries - "Gods and Heroes" and "Wheel of History" had some technical difficulties getting me the images for their entries. Those issues have been resolved, and their entries now include the images. You may wish to take another look.

- Seth

Syndicate content

forum | by Dr. Radut