Skip to Content

Feudal Endeavor returns to Kickstarter on July 7, 2020!

8 replies [Last post]
I Will Never Gr...
I Will Never Grow Up Gaming's picture

Become a part of Imperial Russia's golden age!

I Will Never Grow Up Games is proud to announce the Kickstarter return of Feudal Endeavor, a game designed by Andrew Zimdahl and developed by James Campbell.

In Feudal Endeavor you will take on the role of the lords and ladies of the great noble families of 1776 Imperial Russia under the rule of Catherine the Great. Compete against your neighbors to earn prestige and the favor of the Empress.

Clandestinely bid on new buildings, manage your expanding fiefdom, perform tasks at the bidding of the Empress and contribute tithing towards the renovations of Catherine Palace.

About the Game:

Feudal Endeavor is a game of simultaneous hidden bidding and tableau building with elements of resource management and set collection for 2 to 6 players. You will earn prestige through strategic placement and management of building deeds within your fiefdom, fulfilling the empresses bidding, tithing to the renovations of Catherine Palace and for resources remaining at the end of the game.

Each round takes place over five phases, many of which are played simultaneously, keeping things moving along at a quick pace.

Bidding and land management (allocating resources to generate income, new resources or prestige) happens simultaneously with a bit of press your luck involved, and winning (or losing) the auctions helps to shape the remainder of your turn. Once you have completed your land management and resolved the auctions, place newly acquired deeds in to your personal fiefdom (tableau) in a way that will generate the most prestige and allow you to fulfill the Empresses bidding for even more favor and prestige.

The game will end at the end of a round in which any player has completed their fiefdom or the deeds deck has been depleted. Calculate final points (including the potential loss of points for an unfinished fiefdom). The player with the greatest prestige wins the favor of the Empress, and the game!

Number of Players: 2-6
Time Required: approximately 10 minutes per player
Recommended Ages: 13+

I Will Never Grow Up Games is seeking funding through the crowdfunding site Kickstarter to print and fulfill this new game. The campaign will begin on July 7th, 2020 at 9:00 am Eastern time and will run for 31 days.

Kickstarter Campaign Page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iwillnevergrowup/feudal-endeavor-0

Feudal Endeavor has a tentative release date of July 2021.

Kickstarter backer pledge price is ca$52 (approximately us$36) plus subsidized, customs friendly shipping to the US, Canada, EU/UK.

Backers will receive the deluxe version of Feudal Endeavor plus all unlocked stretch goals and promo items (including up to two mini expansions).

Retail inquiries and backers are welcome!

I Will Never Grow Up Games: http://www.iwillnevergrowup.com
Feudal Endeavor: http://www.iwillnevergrowup.com/feudal-endeavor
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/IWillNeverGrowUpGames
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/iwillnevergrowupgames/

let-off studios
let-off studios's picture
Ever Onward

Here's to hoping that you and AZ have a successful KS campaign this time around...! :)

I remember seeing this game at designer's meetings last year while it was in development, and it had a lot of positive attention. I'd be happy to see this game in peoples' collections (and on their tables, of course!).

I Will Never Gr...
Thanks!

let-off studios wrote:
Here's to hoping that you and AZ have a successful KS campaign this time around...! :)

I remember seeing this game at designer's meetings last year while it was in development, and it had a lot of positive attention. I'd be happy to see this game in peoples' collections (and on their tables, of course!).

Thanks! Just launched this morning.

It's frustrating to see the number of people who click "remind me" and don't back .. if not even half of those people just pledge we'd already be funded and headed in to stretch goals!!

Backer mentality is .. odd. :D

In any case, here's hoping .. not the big bang on day one that was expected .. again. :/

Jay103
Jay103's picture
209 Project Followers 75

209 Project Followers
75 Converted Followers
35% Conversion Rate

Those were my final numbers.. and they were NOT there on day 1 :/

questccg
questccg's picture
Wow that is terrible

Jay103 wrote:
209 Project Followers
75 Converted Followers
35% Conversion Rate

I can't believe how poor the conversion. I would expect 50%+... But as you have shown with actual numbers and a real campaign that successfully funded. Very disappointing. Thanks for the insight.

Jay103
Jay103's picture
Yeah, and mine were people

Yeah, and mine were people who had already bought the base game and enjoyed it.. not brand new potential customers. I really expected a higher rate there.

I Will Never Gr...
Jay103 wrote:209 Project

Jay103 wrote:
209 Project Followers
75 Converted Followers
35% Conversion Rate

Oh I get that .. and 35% conversion is great.

WHat i don't get is those who click "remind me" because they want to see how it goes when, if they had pledged instead (even half of them) then we'd be smashing through stretch goals.

We had 238 followers before launch (13 converted so far) and on launch day that rose to 500.

262 people hit "remind me" on day one, potentially waiting to see if it funds before they decide to back (that's the #1 reason people hit remind me, right above "interested, but personal finances may be lacking"), when it would fund for sure if they did back. lol.

Kickstarter is a very interesting psychology experiment!

I Will Never Gr...
BTW, I say 35% conversion is

BTW, I say 35% conversion is great because most say it's in the 15% range.

Into the Black: Boarding Party had 1343 followers, 130 converted (9%) but was just shy of 300% funded.

Jay103
Jay103's picture
Oh, thanks.. better than

Oh, thanks.. better than average at least :). Though as I said, it was an expansion pack, so most everyone on that list already owned the base game and presumably already knew they liked it.

(Good luck!)

Syndicate content

forum | by Dr. Radut