Skip to Content

Our 2012 Global Game Jam entry won!..

4 replies [Last post]
Louard
Louard's picture

...In one category anyway. ^_^

Aion: A Game of Serpents was given top spot in the Concept category amongst the games of the Ottawa jam site. YAY!
You can check it and all the other entries for Ottawa here: http://globalgamejam.org/node/16897

If you scroll down you'll find the "Game Projects" in the right sidebar. The submission, BTW, has everything you need to print and play other than a handful of pawns in two colours for scoring.

I also blogged a bit about the process and put up a few pictures on http://louardongames.blogspot.com

Cogentesque
Cogentesque's picture
Wow! Well done man, very very

Wow! Well done man, very very good job!

Im checking out the threads now :) - do you tihink the game will get somewhere in the publish stage?

HandwrittenAnthony
HandwrittenAnthony's picture
Congrats on the GGJ win.

Congrats on the GGJ win. =)

We only had one board game jammer at our site (and it wasn't me!, sadface). There were a few people that expressed interest though. Perhaps next year!

Louard
Louard's picture
Thanks guys.

Well, we're still considering publishing Non-Stop Safari, our entry from last year through TGC. But maybe after that. I think we were both surprised, once again, at the quality of the game we were able to produce in such a short time span. Aion turned out pretty fun and my friends who have tried it are digging it too. Can't wait 'til next year!
As a side note.. I think this kind of super tight design-test-design-test loop fostered by the Jam is really conducive to producing a tight board game design. Not to mention the short time frame.. you have to come up with something small and elegant or you'll just run out of time.
Anyway, I'm just sounding boastful now ^_^... We may very well crash and burn next year!

wshossein
I win too!

The game that I and my friends created win the prize of Most Educational in our site.

You can find the game here:
www.globalgamejam.org/2012/last-mythology

The game its very easy. We continue developing to increase the strategy factor and intend to publish it later.

Sorry for the grammatical wrongs (if you find one in the rules)

Syndicate content

forum | by Dr. Radut