Skip to Content

Protospiel South 2011: Choosing one of two hotels for the con. Opinions?

3 replies [Last post]
InvisibleJon
InvisibleJon's picture

I'm nailing down which hotel we're going to have Protospiel South 2011 at. Regardless of where we have the convention, It's down to:

La Quinta
Rooms for two adults @ $100 per night. Costs ~$200 for two people to stay two nights.
Near The Domain and Arboretum. Several really decent dining options a short walk away. Many nifty dining, shopping, and entertainment options a short drive away. Downtown Austin is a moderate drive away (~30 minutes).
Cost per out-of town attendee: $130

North Austin Plaza
Rooms for two adults @ $40 to $45 per night + tax. Costs ~$90 for two people to stay two nights.
Near I-35. Closer to downtown. A few okay dining options are a short walk away. Many dining options a short drive away. Downtown Austin is a medium drive away (~15 minutes).
Cost per out-of-town attendee: ~$70

Summary:
The LaQuinta is a nicer hotel overall and is in a nicer neighborhood. However, it is farther from downtown. It is also ~$60 more expensive than the North Austin Plaza. The North Austin Plaza is an "okay" hotel. It is near a slightly "edgy" neighborhood.

The Question:
Should I go with the North Austin Plaza and keep the price of the convention lower for out-of-towners, or should I go with the La Quinta, a nicer experience, and a higher price?

Opinions?

truekid games
truekid games's picture
how's the playspace? do they

how's the playspace? do they both have a meeting/convention room, and do they put any weird restrictions on it (for instance, not allowing it to be open past 8pm)? if there's nothing particularly wonky with the playspace, i'd say cheaper = better.

Savannah Leach
I will invite you to stay at

I will invite you to stay at Bintulu Hotel, I will be the one to entertain you, give you discounts in our rooms and accommodate you with kindness. If you don’t want then I will vote for La Quinta where you had nice experience.

RGaffney
RGaffney's picture
I am ALL FOR protospiel

I am ALL FOR protospiel Malaysia, but as for Austin I'm inclined to prefer La Quinta

Syndicate content

forum | by Dr. Radut