Skip to Content

Win a FREE $100 Amazon Gift Card

12 replies [Last post]
evansmind244
evansmind244's picture

Because I'm grateful for all the help here on BGDF I would like to have a fun little contest.

How many games will I sell in 2019?

Who ever guesses closest to the actual number (below your guess!) gets $100 Amazon gift card. I will open up sales of the game in November and end the contest January 10th. I will add up the number of games sold and post it right here. Please submit your best guess below!!

My guess is 234 games sold.

Holiday Fever - A Game the entire family can enjoy!

Jay103
Jay103's picture
Are you running a Kickstarter

Are you running a Kickstarter campaign in 2019?

evansmind244
evansmind244's picture
Jay103 wrote:Are you running

Jay103 wrote:
Are you running a Kickstarter campaign in 2019?

No. I'm running a BGDF gift card guess off!!

questccg
questccg's picture
When in November?

Doesn't really matter in terms of time... (ignore the "When in November?")

My guess is 86 copies sold.

I actually think that 1 January 2020 to 10 January 2020, you'll make zero (0) sales, Christmas is just over ... Not what people are looking to BUY.

Boxing Day might see some sales AFTER Christmas... But it's LESS than two (2) Months of sales...

That's my guess-timate! Good luck in selling.

P.S.: Don't take my number as discouraging... I'm just "low-balling" it because I don't think you have ENOUGH TIME. That's all. No reflection on you, your game or your marketing.

Cheers!

Note #1: The *NEW* Graphic Designer has done one hell of a damn good, no GREAT JOB! The game looks AMAZING in that picture. And you may be onto something that could "catch-on". The only real issue is SEASONALITY. But still... Looks GREAT!

Note #2: IF I win this contest, The FIRST thing I'm going to do with MY Gift Certificate is BUY a copy of your game (Holiday Fever). That ups the ante for purchases AFTER 10 January 2020!!! (LOL)

evansmind244
evansmind244's picture
86 Copies

questccg wrote:
Doesn't really matter in terms of time... (ignore the "When in November?")

My guess is 86 copies sold.

I actually think that 1 January 2020 to 10 January 2020, you'll make zero (0) sales, Christmas is just over ... Not what people are looking to BUY.

Boxing Day might see some sales AFTER Christmas... But it's LESS than two (2) Months of sales...

That's my guess-timate! Good luck in selling.

P.S.: Don't take my number as discouraging... I'm just "low-balling" it because I don't think you have ENOUGH TIME. That's all. No reflection on you, your game or your marketing.

Cheers!

Note #1: The *NEW* Graphic Designer has done one hell of a damn good, no GREAT JOB! The game looks AMAZING in that picture. And you may be onto something that could "catch-on". The only real issue is SEASONALITY. But still... Looks GREAT!

Note #2: IF I win this contest, The FIRST thing I'm going to do with MY Gift Certificate is BUY a copy of your game (Holiday Fever). That ups the ante for purchases AFTER 10 January 2020!!! (LOL)

Thanks Quest!! I like the low ball. I'll still be happy with the 86

Be advised that I will be selling locally, and at 1 Holiday Bazar!! Those sales will count too!!

MAR
MAR's picture
My Guess

Well, to throw my hat into the race, I will go with an even 100. I'll make my guess in the middle, but on the lower side. Wish you the best of success of course :)

Quest, I like the idea of purchasing a copy of the game if you are the winner- I'll make the same vow if I win as well :)

-Austin

Jay103
Jay103's picture
Sorry, but I'm going to have

Sorry, but I'm going to have to undercut QuestCCG... 60 copies. I'd love to lose, but this is a tough business.

evansmind244
evansmind244's picture
MAR wrote:Well, to throw my

MAR wrote:
Well, to throw my hat into the race, I will go with an even 100. I'll make my guess in the middle, but on the lower side. Wish you the best of success of course :)

Quest, I like the idea of purchasing a copy of the game if you are the winner- I'll make the same vow if I win as well :)

-Austin

Thanks Mar. I appreciate your kindness.

evansmind244
evansmind244's picture
Jay103 wrote:Sorry, but I'm

Jay103 wrote:
Sorry, but I'm going to have to undercut QuestCCG... 60 copies. I'd love to lose, but this is a tough business.

Jay, I wouldn't expect any LESS!! This business may be tough, but it's such an amazing road bringing my idea to the world. This experience has been incredible.

Jay103
Jay103's picture
evansmind244 wrote:Jay103

evansmind244 wrote:
Jay103 wrote:

Jay, I wouldn't expect any LESS!! This business may be tough, but it's such an amazing road bringing my idea to the world. This experience has been incredible.

That's why I was talking about "art" in that other giant thread. Sometimes there's reward just in creating something.

evansmind244
evansmind244's picture
BUMP

I had to change the Subject and bump this back to the top.

questccg
questccg's picture
Let's BUMP this again!

Just wanted to be sure more members may want to "participate" in this FREE contest open to all BGDF Members. Current participation:

questccg : 86 copies

MAR : 100 copies

Jay103: 60 copies

Anyone else interested in this CONTEST, feel free to REPLY and ADD your guess-timate...

Cheers!

Note #1: The CURRENT count is 5 games ALREADY sold.

MAR
MAR's picture
Update

Thanks for the update Quest, I completely forgot about this! Glad to see some sales are happening! As long as Evens had fun making the game, feels accomplished, and makes a few sales, this is a win win! Great job! I'm a little surprised that no one else jumped on board with the contest though- I thought it sounded fun :)

-Austin

Syndicate content

forum | by Dr. Radut