January 2011 Game Design Showdown - "Remember the Time"
Please Read: Details on entering the Game Design Showdown.
Voting for the January Game design Showdown is now closed!
Kind of a disappointing or anticlimactic month for the GDS - most likely due to the 1-page design contest at BGG. Only 2 entries this month, and each one got 2 votes, for a tie!
So congrats to both entrants this month, you're both winners :)
Hopefully next month the GDS will be more active.
Main Design Requirements:
Theme Restriction: None! This month feel free to come up with whatever theme you'd like.
Mechanics Restriction: Memory. For this showdown your game should have a memory element, but not the kind you might be used to - rather than the players needing to remember certain aspects of the game state, the GAME should have some kind of memory or some way to record the game state (or at least part of it), such that the game can be reset to that state on a future turn if need be.
Mechanics Restriction: Rock-Paper-Scissors. This month's games must use a Rock-Paper-Scissors comparison in a non-trivial way. This does not mean that you must literally use "Rock," "Paper" and "Scissors" in your game, just things that have the kind of relationship. For example, the new Sid Meier's Civilization: the Board Game has a somewhat sophisticated RPS system for combat.
- Submissions: Tuesday, 10-January-2011 through Thursday, 20-January-2011.
- Voting: Through Thursday, 27-January-2010. PM your votes to sedjtroll.
- Voting Format: Each person has 6 votes to distribute any way they choose among the GDS entries with the following restrictions:
- You may not assign any votes to your own entry!
- You may not assign more than 3 votes to any single entry.
- You need not assign all 6 votes.
Comments or Questions: Comments and questions about this Challenge were handled on the Comments Thread.
- CRITIQUES: After voting has closed the entries will be posted for comments and critiques. Post constructive critiques and commentary about the entries to this Challenge in the Critiques Thread
- GDS Details: For more details on how these Game Design Showdown Challenges work, especially the details around the word count and graphics limits, visit the GDS Wiki Page.