Skip to Content

CES2023 Ohm'sQuest GoldenTicket LasVegas Traversesity

9 replies [Last post]
Stormyknight1976

My best friend Grant Johnson will be a Official Game judge and Playtester for Ohm's Quest

Will be LIVE at This Year at OHMS QUEST AT CES IN LAS VEGAS

From January 5-8 2023

He will do the best he can to get these social media sites for live stream content.
Facebook Live
YouNow
Twitch
Youtube
Tiktok

He had asked me to put this up here and if anyone was interested in or never heard of CES.

CES is the largest Tech convention in the world as what the website tells. I've never heard of it until my friend Grant told me about it a week and a half ago.

Apparently there is or are video game tech and other details in the convention and Ohm's Quest will be there to.

Jesse

questccg
questccg's picture
From what I've seen...

Wouldn't it have been much, much. MUCH, MUCH (et al.) EASIER to design a Phone App that is INTERACTIVE, has AUDIO and has a LARGER Screen than a brass box which is appx. 20cm x 20cm PLUS has a CAMERA for scanning purposes???

I'm just saying because I get that a Phone App is less "original" ... But we're talking about HUNDREDS of Euros versus something that could be less than $10 dollars (for the Phone App).

You could get like 1,000,000 users for a Phone App "Escape Room" and then make like $10M ... Which is more plausible than trying to SELL a physical device with limitations that most modern SmartPhones don't have (especially in the Scanning and Photo recognition area). You also can have Voice Recognition as another feature on the SmartPhone too...

I'm just saying that the device is LIMITED and COSTLY.

But it is ORIGINAL (The Brass Box)...!

Congratulation on your friend managing to Judge and Playtest this device and the adventures that it can dispense to its players.

It's very NOVEL, I just think there could have been lesser costly options which could generate significantly more revenue if there is a lot of popularity. Oh well too each his own, I guess!

Cheers!

Note #1: I'm not a PRO of Mobile App or Game Development ... But having said that, I see the limitations of the "Brass" Device. It would have been much easier to design a UNITY App with 3D Lighting, Texture Mapping and 3D Controls to SIMULATE the "Brass" Device, all while keeping the benefits of having a SmartPhone such a Voice & Picture Recognition, a LARGER screen, all kind of potential timers (in terms of software)...!

I, personally, don't see the necessity of the PHYSICAL device.

Something VIRTUAL on a SmartPhone would have been a much better use for the 200,000+ Euros they made. But like I said: "To each his own..."

X3M
X3M's picture
Does he do video games too?

hmmm?

Congratiolations!

Stormyknight1976
About my friend

Grant has put games together on fancade mobile game app and then onto hypehype mobile game app. He has over 500 plus games on hypehype now.

He first started working on board and card games but never published any. Though he was helping a game designer at the SC game convention to promote and sell Captain Morgan's Pirate Card Game in December 2014.

Grant and I met each other in one of the facebook game profiles or live chat at one point and we became instant friends.

He was a stuntman, voice over and walk on role background extra on Dawson's Creek.

He was an extra on the films: Black Knight and The Patriot with Mel Gibson and Heath Ledger.

And to answer Kris's comment:
I have never heard of Ohms Quest until Grant showed me what it was all Bout. I looked at the thing he sent me to look at and i never really went any further on the subject. Grant had asked me to put up a post here and i said sure. Its in the watercooler thread. Talk about anything off topic.

And I have never heard of CES and again until Grant sent me a link to what CES is all about.

So, im jusf sharing with everyone who is interesting the newest tech , movies, games, household hardware , film and tv and much more coming from CES.

Im a tech guy, i havent touch a computer in along time so, yeah, not qualified to answer any computer tech. Though technically, i am a tech person in hand drawing and game design in abstract board and card games.

I get what your saying Kris as to why. But send the person the question on the website to get an answer. I wouldn't know what to tell ya in that aspect. My friend Grant did not design or build the object you were looking at, he is just the judge and play tester.

Jesse

Stormyknight1976
Update

My friend Grant is on the road toward CES 2023. He is super excited.

Jesse

questccg
questccg's picture
Follow-up

Stormyknight1976 wrote:
My friend Grant is on the road toward CES 2023. He is super excited.

AWESOME! Do write back to us to tell us how it went... People rarely post what happens (in retrospect). Same goes with Kickstarters: people come to the announcement situation and post a thread about their up-coming KS... And then whatever happens afterwards, they don't share like: "We earned $48k in funding, thanks to all who supported us..." or "Unfortunately we did not get sufficient funding, ..."

It's good to FOLLOW-UP with the results...

So have Grant tell you how it went and be sure to post an UPDATE (comment) as to how his experience at CES was in 2023.

Sincerely.

Stormyknight1976
CES2023 Update

Grant and his mom did arrive at CES2023 Saturday mid morning in Las Vegas after a 34+ hour drive.

There are tons of videos. He did get to playtest the Ohm's Quest Game. From what I saw on the live stream video. The Ohm's Quest bronze box looked like a Simon Says with pressible buttons with colors, cards with horse shoe, drum, and a few other objects to use through out the escape game in a box. The box even had horse sounds, math quiz / puzzle problems with color codes to figure out ; for instance: (A10× +B10) - C10. And the letters corresponded to a color code to figure out the next phase. I looked at that math problem and i freaked out. This game is not for me. If i had a puzzle like that in a room to figure out, nope, i would just freak. Oh well. That kind of math, i never got into while moving around in life so i would be completely useless.

But anyways, once my friend gets home and relaxes he will send me his written experience so i can add it to this thread.

Jesse

Stormyknight1976
Update

Im still waiting for Grant's response from his trip to CES2023.

I'm pushing him to move forward to get his and his mom's experience from the event for him to do a write up.

Please be patient.

Thank you.

Jesse

questccg
questccg's picture
If you can't get an update... don't worry

It's nice that you are trying to get an update... But you don't have to. Like I said in another thread, so very FEW people come back to BGDF.com to tell us how their KS went or how their Event went, etc. You get the picture. Everyone wants to ANNOUNCE what is happening... But rarely do people come back.

I guess it's because the Event or KS is OVER... So less energy to push forwards for an update as to how the Event or KS went.

You don't necessarily need a "write-up" ... But if you want to spear-head the "write-up" would be nice.

What were the most note-worthy moments a CES2023... For him (Grant). Could be as simple as that. Cheers @Jesse. No rush at all...

Stormyknight1976
CES2023 Update

Written by my very best friend, Grant J who went to the CES2023 EVENT Jan 2023

This is what he sent me in our facebook messenger this morning on Jan 19, 2023

This entire CES was absolutely amazing Adventure Being to start out with I was Thinking that I had Lost the Spinning for the Winning of the #Ohm'sQuest GoldenTicket

an opportunity to Join Our Fellow Games Creationists an see what was going to be the Literal FUTURE of 2023 &Beyond to be right on the Name Spinner see how close it was to ein an Lose the weight an gravity of what was possible... nails biting Razor tip of a Single Line Edge all that keeps destiny from happening...
then it's all over ya didn't win ... oh well that was extraordinary interesting to share my Family&CREWs at Christmas time and such... my DyminoMonsters Games Designer Brother ...
but hey win some lose some right...
then I go through the days after an out of nowhere Blue I see I've a Missed message from
#Ohm'sQuest themselves... huh...
wha... ohmmmmk

at first I was thinking ???? wait until you Verified that this is not some hack site like these ya won go to my page and Register translations give me all ya Important information so I have access to something I want to take from ya like has been thrown at all us I bet ...
anyway I did my due diligence and researching this was actually the #Ohm'sQuest team... page & they only wanted my email not my money or Account codes or such ya knows after the April Facebook account Hack an I lost access to my 2010 to 2022 account I have been constantly using my is this a Trap panic attack against my heart of what iam trying to make my Mission in LIFE
HashtagFamilyGamesNightWorldwideKnown

to help Family remember when we Play the Right ways with our Family&CREWs We Build an Bond in ways that can open your lines of communication

so from there I sent my email address. Instantly an hour later they sent me the

So I Went on the Website & Register with the GoldenTicket Code saw that the Ticket was 300$ woooo what a Prize then i instanty Called my Best Friends that knew could Possibly even Be Able to try to afford to Pay for the Actual 300$ an as such have the money for Car Rental or Train Ride or Plane or Bus an when all said an done well I had My Two Friends and I had idea of how to Go... but ya knows who I wanted to come more than anyone... my Mother Deserving of a break from the multiverse of sadness of the loss of our 2StoryBrick Family Home as of Halloween of last Year and everything we Owned and held from our Family Archives all Lost to a Sick Depraved Arsonist that the police still have yet to find out who did such sickness to take so much from someone that had lost so much before now so much more but I always have said God Gives us His Will to stand An Opportunity to Pray and Praise Him in The Times of loss
VS The Great times he's Got YOU ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT an for me he blessed us with this trip ... when I explained that I was going to be bringing my mother The Amazing #Ohm'sQuest said if others were not going to come I could use the Code again and as such my Mother was able come too...

my Full Mission of her going was to take her on an Adventure this was definitely an adventure lil did I know jus how much

so

an how much it would test me

Written by Grant J.
Copied and pasted by me Jesse
From our FB messenger.

More to come.

Syndicate content

forum | by Dr. Radut