Skip to Content

Where do I produce 5000 samples of a game cost efficient?

12 replies [Last post]
Anonymous

We have started a game publishing company in Sweden.
We are going to publish our first game.
We need to get in contact with somone hwo produce games.

What comanys do this for a living?
I would prefer comapnies in low salary countries and it is important to us, since this is our first go, to have a company with experience.

We are also looking for a comapny to produce the plastic figures to us.
We will design the masters our self. The only need to do the molding tool.

Please advice

Jepson

Anonymous
Manufacturing in China

My company manufactures games in China. If you'd like to discuss, please contact me at our US office:

413-543-8887, ask for John.

Our minimum order run is 5000 games.

Our website:

http://www.grandprixintl.com

Anonymous

5000 Games? Why, that happens to be our minimum order! Low salary? Doesn't get much cheaper than China! Experince? Check out our website! You need plastic figures? That's our specialty!

John, I realize you have a service to sell, but this just makes you look like a cheap huckster and makes your company look bad. At least keep your broken English consistant when you post with Jepson. Remember, Jepson is the imaginary Swedish game designer, blkdog7 is the salesman. I'm sure we all value your insight as a game manufacturer, but please don't try to trick us.

hpox

Well, I can confirm that those two users have completely different IP addresses. Which lead me to believe they are in fact two different persons.

Anonymous
Huh?

Wow! I was just trying to help. :) I am sorry that you feel that way about my post, but I certainly am not Jepson.

Jepson was looking for manufacturing, and I responded.

I actually just came across this site today and I think it is a wonderful place for inventors. I have worked with many inventors over the years and have helped many turn their rough ideas into reality.

Honestly, I'm just here to help.

Anonymous

Well, if they are different people I apologize, but Jepson's variable skill in English makes me think otherwise. Reminds me of an episode of Crankyankers last night. The puppett would be in one half of the room and would speak in broken English and then he would step into the other half of the room and would speak perfect English. It was pretty funny.

blkdog7: If I'm wrong I'm very sorry. You've had some interesting things to say in your posts and I hope you understand if I read it the wrong way.

phpbbadmin
Re: Huh?

blkdog7 wrote:
Wow! I was just trying to help. :) I am sorry that you feel that way about my post, but I certainly am not Jepson.

Jepson was looking for manufacturing, and I responded.

I actually just came across this site today and I think it is a wonderful place for inventors. I have worked with many inventors over the years and have helped many turn their rough ideas into reality.

Honestly, I'm just here to help.

John,

I am sure it was a case of mistaken identity and no offense was intended. We have been 'burned' by unscrupulous suppliers in the past so I guess the community is a little gun shy. Let me be the first to say welcome aboard! I for one personally look forward to any insight you can provide this community. I love the fact that this community continues to grow more diverse as more suppliers, buyers, published designers, self published designers, hobbyists and tinkerers join the site. I think we as designers get a more complete slice of the pie (so to speak) from the different viewpoints that people such as yourself offer. Again, just a long winded way of saying welcome aboard and feel free to contribute in any way you feel you can.

-Michael

hpox
Re: Huh?

Grendel, next time you suspect something is fishy, drop me (or Darkehorse or FastLearner) a line before accusing anybody of anything.

In this case, it was totally unfounded. We certainly don't want manufacturers to be afraid to post on the forums.

Welcome Jason! If your minimum orders would be a little less, I'm sure you'd make a lot of friends here. :wink:

Anonymous

Again I'd like to apologize, I really have no excuse. I guess I was just feeling nasty when I woke up today. Welcome to the boards. Like I said in my first post (you may have missed it in all the nastiness), I value your input as a game manufactuors.

Anonymous

Thanks guys! Apology accepted! :)

I will do my best to contribute to this site often. I hope I can be of help to anyone who needs it.

I can help with any design, development, prototyping, manufacturing, and licensing questions you may have. This is what I do! :)

Thanks all! - John

Anonymous
Alive

Hi there guys
My last name is Jepson.
I am verry much alive.
This is the first time I have been taken for an imaginary person.
Let me start to try to prove that i do exist and am a hobby board game designer.
Please see if you can find the hippodice contribution Hostile TakeOver, that came to semi final somewhere in 2000 or 2001.
(I am not proud of that, but It is the only proof of my existence that I can think of)
Hopefully that settles that discussion.

Regarding my language skill I did not fully understand the Issue.
Please explain in simpler terms.

And by the way... I am thankful for help to find somewhere where I can e-mail my RFQ to. Our company do not have a production guy so I am trying to learn.

Rgrds Jepson

Anonymous
RFQ posted to John and a thought about the number of games

John, i posted my RFQ:s at your homepage and reffered to you.

By the way the little knowledge I have in game production tells me that the usual minimum number of copies for a gameboard is around 5000, and therefore we decided to go with that number. Therefore I did not see it as a coincident that Johns companies minimum order was 5000.

When makeing a preliminary budget I have a HARD time to see how to NOT loose money if you produce, market and sell a game below 3000 copies. A little depending on the game components, sales concept and the market you aim for, my calculations says somwhere between 2500 and 3500 games sold to reach brake-eaven.

If anyone have a different opinion/ experience please share.

Best Regards
Jepson (an existing swede)

Anonymous
Hi!

Hi Jepson! We received your quote request. Please check your e-mail for my response.

Also, my e-mail is johnDOTjacobsenATgrandprixintlDOTcom

Substitute the DOT with . and the AT with @

Just being cautious, I don't want to get spammed! :)

Syndicate content

forum | by Dr. Radut