Skip to Content

Crafter Con 2023 - Live Streaming Now! (All-Day)

6 replies [Last post]
The Game Crafter
The Game Crafter's picture

We are live streaming our Crafter Con 2023 sessions right now on our Tiktok channel at https://www.tiktok.com/@thegamecrafter

Today's sessions are available at https://tabletop.events/conventions/protospiel-madison-2023/pages/crafte...

questccg
questccg's picture
Why Tik-Tok???

You guys do know that the CCP OWNS Tik-Tok and are harvesting information on US and North American citizens??? You guys could have gone with YouTube or Rumble.

The two (2) Republican Debates of 2023 were streamed with "Rumble". It must be a good platform if Fox has been using this platform to get the Debates to the younger folks that watch online mostly.

Just a fair WARNING! Lot of Government Employees have been BANNED from using Tik-Tok because of the Chinese connection and the fact that they don't want the information to be accessed illegally by the Chinese Government or any other Chinese Company that may be in league with the CCP (The Communist Party of China)...

Again I just wanted to point that out!

let-off studios
let-off studios's picture
Chinese Connection

The Chinese Connection has been unstoppable and undeniable since 1972.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mph_R-LSEKg

questccg
questccg's picture
You mock me ... But I have a cousin who works for Tik-Tok

First she worked a Yahoo! and said that the group was a FUN group to work with and then she moved to Facebook for a few years and now landed-up working for Tik-Tok... I know Tik-Tok is disputing its connection to the CCP... But it's a communist country. Companies are controlled by the CCP.

It's plain fact of the matter that businesses report to the government and if the government asks you to DO SOMETHING you'd better do it or they will replace you with someone else who will do their bidding.

No doubt that China wants to take over the ROLE of World's Greatest Nation.

With all the propaganda with the Ukraine war... It's probably TRUE that China is buying Russian petrol and Natural Gaz.

Do you find it strange that ALL US and European and even South Korean car companies are going to ADOPT the Tesla Charging mechanism because Elon Musk holds patents on the use of this technology in North America. Why? Because they don't want people importing Chinese made cars from China...

So along with all the silliness... It's true that the USA is in trouble and I for one as a Canadian am worried. Putin had a 7-Day Plan to conquer all of Europe... How? Using Tactical Nuclear weapons against countries with no nuclear arsenal. But would refrain from using Nukes in countries like France who do have nukes. Imagine that... 7-Days to clear out Europe with Nukes.

It was just a PLAN. But it gets scary when ppl start taking those DUMB PLANS and maybe in the wrong hands or the wrong superpower ... That could lead to disastrous results. Imagine Iran with Nukes???

Some political parties would lead you to believe it's a good thing because the Iranians would control Saudi Arabia and there would be tighter conflict in the other Muslim countries causing destabilization and a sort of re-alignment of the social order (in terms of countries). See how some ppl think?! They don't care what the dangers are... They'll hold the other countries accountable. And to some politicians ... That's GOOD!

Anyhow sorry to bring up politics ... It's not what we discuss. So my apologies!

Have a shot of "Tennessee Whiskey" instead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EHqpiw50j8

let-off studios
let-off studios's picture
Yeah, I trolled you.

Electric cars... Republican debates... Seems quite a far distance from TGC doing its best to support the industry and hobby of tabletop games.

Might you have a kind word or some encouragement for their team regarding this initiative?

questccg
questccg's picture
I do applaud TGC...

For taking the time to stream "something"! It takes time to setup for the platform of choice and to do the actual filming. All that is quite the effort and well, that's a step in the positive direction. I've personally watched a bunch of Crafter Con Videos last year (or prior) which had a Designer explaining how people go from one bad game (in terms of profits) and try to break even by the next one and then eventually hope to make some profits down-the-line. It was VERY informative.

So kudos for taking the time to actually record the seminars and panels. From the past I can say, you learn about people like yourself... Doing or having the exact same struggles and challenges we each face every day.

Cheers!

Note #1: I also remember another recorded video about creating a fan-based "expansion" and the legal ramifications on how to distance yourself from the IP of the Original game. Not sure if that was Crafter Con too (I believe it was...) It too was an informational video about how to protect yourself and ensure not to infringe on the rights of the original creator.

I also remember watching a video done by Alisha about the Concierge service offered by TGC. But TBH I can't remember if this was last year or earlier. For a 30 minute video it was very informational too!

I'm sure I've watched other videos too... But I can't possibly remember all of them. They are usually very relatable and helpful in terms of content. That I can say positively from a viewer's perspective!

The Game Crafter
The Game Crafter's picture
Yep we're aware of what you

Yep we're aware of what you mentioned and this was really just a quick and easy way for us to live stream some content and test out the platform. We wondered how many new followers we might reach by using TikTok as we only have about 1250 followers there. We try to reach people wherever they like to hangout online so we opted to use TikTok this time.

You'll be happy to know that all of the Crafter Con videos have been edited and are now available on our youtube channel at https://youtube.com/thegamecrafter.

Look for the "Crafter Con" playlist and you'll be able to enjoy all of the 2023 videos, as well as all the videos going all the way back to 2015! (We've been hosting Crafter Con for many years at this point.)

We'll be doing more live streams in the near future where Tavis features cool game pieces and other products we make/sell. And it will jump around on several of our social media networks. :)

Syndicate content

forum | by Dr. Radut