Skip to Content

Origins in 2009

No replies
FunkyBlue

For those that attended Origins this year with their new weekend "fair-only" passes, how do you think that turned out for attendance and sales (if you had a booth)? Are you planning on going again this year?

I didn't notice attendance in huge numbers, but I did see an awful lot of armbands walking around. I was just curious if any vendors on here saw any real benefit to having extremely affordable ticket prices on the busiest days of the convention.

I know I spent more at Origins this year than in past years because I actually got my wife to come out and demo a few games and she had a really fun time, bring her first trip to a convention of this sort. If we would have had to buy a badge for her, we could never had afforded to buy quite a bit of what we did. I considered it $3.00 well spent. If they continue the tradition this year, I'll be bringing a car load of friends with me on those days, and hopefully with wallets of money looking to feed their addictions.

No, I'm not an employee of GAMA. It's just that Origins is the closest con to me next to GenCon and to be blatantly honest, I had more fun at Origins this year than the last two years at GenCon. I do know that they've had some major vendors drop in the last couple years (WizKids and WOTC), and that had to hurt. I'd like to think they will keep this thing running for a long time from now so I can take my son to it when he's old enough.

Almost got a tear in my eye... Lol.

/Although I did notice since WK and WOTC dropped out, the cloud of BO that always hung around the registration area was mysteriously absent...
//Seeing Bathfitters at a gaming convention was unique. Even more so with the wolfman outfit on.

Syndicate content

forum | by Dr. Radut