Skip to Content

Card labels - Avery 5395 labels

13 replies [Last post]
Anonymous

Okay, I should start this post by saying I don't deserve credit for this. It's not my idea, and i've never tried it. :)

With that said, a post was made in another forum that you guys may not all read. I thought this could be valuable for you all (and it makes more sense to me here).

Joe_Huber wrote:
..probably the single most important step for me in starting game design was the realization that Avery 5395 labels fit perfectly on poker sized cards.

Here is the origonal thread.

Thank Joe, not me.

phpbbadmin
Re: Card labels - Avery 5395 labels

SimonWaltr wrote:
Okay, I should start this post by saying I don't deserve credit for this. It's not my idea, and i've never tried it. :)

With that said, a post was made in another forum that you guys may not all read. I thought this could be valuable for you all (and it makes more sense to me here).

Joe_Huber wrote:
..probably the single most important step for me in starting game design was the realization that Avery 5395 labels fit perfectly on poker sized cards.

Here is the origonal thread.

Thank Joe, not me.

Good post.. This is Wiki Fodder.

-Darke

sedjtroll
sedjtroll's picture

Darkehorse wrote:

Sorry to be off topic here, but "Wiki Fodder" is an awesome name... for what I dunno. Maybe a band, or a team of some kind. Or an online nick. I dunno.

- Seth

Zzzzz
Zzzzz's picture

sedjtroll wrote:
Darkehorse wrote:

Sorry to be off topic here, but "Wiki Fodder" is an awesome name... for what I dunno. Maybe a band, or a team of some kind. Or an online nick. I dunno.

- Seth

I might be attempting to strech this a litte to far, but since Wiki wiki means “quick” in Hawaiian, "Wiki Fodder" might be good for a game name. A game that includes quick game play and a ton of fodder!

Ok maybe not... ;)

phpbbadmin

sedjtroll wrote:
Darkehorse wrote:

- Seth

Or it could be a great way to mark certain posts for assimilation into the wiki when it goes online!

But that'd just be a coinicidence, *I swear*.

-Darke

Anonymous

A post flagged as 'wiki fodder' ... wasn't sure how to take that one, but sure lets go with it.

Is there a wiki for this stuff here? I haven't seen it if it is... I would imagine it would be a beast to maintain.

phpbbadmin

SimonWaltr wrote:
A post flagged as 'wiki fodder' ... wasn't sure how to take that one, but sure lets go with it.

Is there a wiki for this stuff here? I haven't seen it if it is... I would imagine it would be a beast to maintain.

There isn't at the moment, but we're working on it. Stay tuned true believers!

-Darke

phpbbadmin

Oh and as a side note I picked up a packet of these labels today at walmart. I swear they weren't there a week ago but I doubt it. It's funny what you can find when you actually know it exists.

-Darke

Oracle

I took a quick look at ebay, and they sell for $15/100 sheets including shipping there. That's probably a good deal for anyone who needs them in larger quantity.

Jason

Jebbou
Jebbou's picture

Hello guys,

Thanks for the great info. I'm wondering, can you place those Avery 5395 labels sheets in a printer, or must you write on them manually?

Thanks!

Jeb

sedjtroll
sedjtroll's picture

I just ordered the ones off ebay. They are not Avery, but they allegedly come with a template formatted for Word. I'll let you know how they turn out.

Despite selling my Magic cards on e-bay, I still have a drawerful of crappy ones to stick them to :)

phpbbadmin

Jebbou wrote:
Hello guys,

Thanks for the great info. I'm wondering, can you place those Avery 5395 labels sheets in a printer, or must you write on them manually?

Thanks!

Jeb

Yes as sedjtroll mentioned, they are definitely printable.

-Darke

Joe_Huber

Jebbou wrote:
Thanks for the great info.

You know, I'd _swear_ I'd mentioned this here before. And I know I've seen it in other places as well. It was discovering this that really got me going, as I could make cards; I now go through ~100 a month, give or take...

[quoteI'm wondering, can you place those Avery 5395 labels sheets in a printer, or must you write on them manually?

They work just fine in a printer.

I've actually been using Office Depot's equivalent labels, which aren't quite as nice but work nearly as well and are significantly cheaper, FWIW.

Joe

Oracle

sedjtroll wrote:
I just ordered the ones off ebay. They are not Avery, but they allegedly come with a template formatted for Word. I'll let you know how they turn out.

Despite selling my Magic cards on e-bay, I still have a drawerful of crappy ones to stick them to :)

I've bought avery clone labels from ebay a few times (though not from that person). The quality is good enough that I couldn't tell it wasn't Avery.

Jason

Syndicate content

forum | by Dr. Radut