Skip to Content

FIXED: Some links and options may report a 500 or 403 Errors

4 replies [Last post]
questccg
questccg's picture

A fair warning, the website seems to have some 500 - Internal Server Error and 403 - Forbidden errors when using the website. I'm not a PRO at Drupal so I asked the previous Technical Admin to take a look around and see IF he can spot anything abnormal.

Of course I contacted the Hosting Company and the person that I chatted with was not very sympathetic at all... Some support techs are more sympathetic than others ... Most are very reasonable. But in this instance ... He could not help me further!

We'll see if Matthew is able to help, I will be working this WEEK to TRY to rectify the errors as well. I may get better luck during the week ... We'll have to wait and see.

So again, my apologies if there are errors that occur when using BGDF.com.

Sincerely,

QuestCCG

questccg
questccg's picture
Some ... kind of GOOD news...

I will be getting a fresh set of Log Files tomorrow around noon... And I will look into these Log Files as they have HTTP GETs and the error code. Hopefully I should have some 500 (at a specific time) and SEE what the error is (hopefully it will be described).

We'll have to WAIT and SEE for tomorrow. But I am OPTIMISTIC that this will be a step closer to resolving the issues.

Also there is the possibility of getting content from the Apache Logs ... I can re-contact support and ask them to provide the information AGAIN. And copy & paste into a TEXT EDITOR.

We'll have to wait and see. I have a few avenues to explore... I decided to TROUBLESHOOT tonight and take a break from Online Courses. Tomorrow we'll see.

Keep you all informed as to my PROGRESS and hopefully I can report some good news soon.

Cheers!

questccg
questccg's picture
Unfortunately there was no additional information...

I checked the Log File today around 12:00 PM and found the entries that reported a 500 Internal Server Error ... But there was NO "error message". It just said a error occurred (500) and the page that was trying to be accessed. That's it!

Unfortunately this does very little to HELP in resolving the error or access issues that BGDF.com is presently having.

I reached out to one of the previous Admins (Seth Jaffee) but so far have not gotten a response. I asked if he or someone he knew could help with the 500 error as it is rather HARD to debug something with such a GENERIC footprint and does not give any leads to the nature of the error (Why and What).

We'll see if he gets back to me anytime soon. Keep you all posted!

questccg
questccg's picture
One small step for me... One giant leap for Mankind!

I decided to contact my hosting support... AGAIN. Because I tried to enable PHP error logging without any positive results. The Support Agent was very nice and did quite a bit to help me (US) out. They're going to look into the issue further because the "php.ini" file was in the root directory and the logging was set to a path with a local file.

But when the Support Agent looked deeper ... She found that all ERROR logging was being re-routed to /dev/null ... The vaporizer... An advanced technician got on the call ... But they too were unable to comprehend WHY(?) the "php.ini" was correct and that there was no LOG FILE being produced.

I must have triggered the PHP/HTTP error at least 4 or 5 times and still no ERROR LOG. The Support Agent was nice to open a ticket and their team will look into the matter further. It's shared hosting ... So it may be a bit more complicated... TBH, I welcome the HELP. Because without that ERROR LOG, I cannot debug the 500 error and then FIX the 403 error...

One step at a time, I have an open ticket... I just need to wait for them to reach out to me again. If I don't hear anything, I'll follow-up to see if there is any news at the end of the week...

So things are being looked at... I'm TRYING to get to the bottom of these errors and see what is going on.

Cheers!

questccg
questccg's picture
Alright some research and the Hosting Company have...

Allowed my to FIX the "500 - Internal Server Error"...! Great ... Now to see if I can FIX the "403 - Permission Denied" access... Looking into it...

Great news... I had already an IDEA about WHY(?) the problem was occurring ... But did not know the NATURE of the "FIX".

I discussed with the Support Agent ... And he said it's PROBABLY because of the SPACE in the "URL/Link". And I had supposed this was the case also.

Took me a couple of hours to troubleshoot the error... But NOW the ERROR 403 is solved! I had to do some research and looked into the database to see if there could be a FIX there ... But it was with the "URL/Link" and NOT the database data...

Anyways ... BGDF.com is back to 100% with BOTH errors being fixed!!!

Yay... I'm glad I could fix both errors as they were bothering me ... And I don't like running a website that just "generates ERRORS" on random pages.

So all you members can NOW ENJOY the entire website... Without any errors!

Cheers all!

Syndicate content

forum | by Dr. Radut